Spaces not showing up while typing a reply?

So blenderartists has recently done this thing where it won’t allow me to type spaces unless I copy and paste a space character from the message I am replying to.

Is there anyway to change this? I’ve had this happen on 2 different computers (both using chrome).

For me, it happens whenever I use the ‘Reply with Quote’ option.

Going to fullscreen post editing fixes it though.

Is this happening with the full fancy text input? I tend to use the plaintext input and haven’t had that problem at all. Regardless, that shouldn’t happen. We’ll see if we can suss out the cause of this.

I’m on Chrome and have the same problem with “reply with quote”(not sure about PMs). But, at least for me, it only affects adding spaces to the end of the text. If I cursor left one then it works correctly. But cursor back to the right, to the end of the text, the spacebar quits working again.

Thanks Fweeb. I saw your reply in that other thread. I didn’t know about where to set the editor. Using Chrome in Linux, switching off of the WSIWYG editor to either of the other options solves my insert spaces problems.

For anyone reading this post in the future, the thread SkpFX is referring to is this one.

That said, it’s still pretty crappy that we’re seeing any problems at all. As I asked over there, are you running any extensions in your browser that block Javascript?

No, I’m not using anything to block javascript. I think it’s a Chrome issue. I’ve had weird little problems like this with both Chromium and Chrome, but I’m boycotting Firefox, so I live with it. Maybe Google should launch a Weekend of Code, and let some schoolkids figure it out. :smiley: