Controlling Light-Source Reflections in Materials

I’m wondering if anyone has a solution for this, or if there is a solution. In a scene, made with “Cycles”, I am using two light sources. The first is the primary light for the scene. The second is a 10x brighter light source, at the same location, used to create more distinct specular highlights on glossy surfaces. To do this, for the second light source, in the “Object” panel, under “Cycles Settings”, I have unchecked “Diffuse”.

Now, my question: This method works great for rounded glossy surfaces. However, flat planes occasionally have unwanted glare. Is there a way, in Cycles materials, to tell a material to ignore a specific light source? Perhaps, using a “Light Path” node?

not yet, light selects are on the roadmap for cycles development

but i would rethink you shader setup if you need extra lights to get the look you need. maybe a second layer of a sharper glossy shader mixed/added atop would help?

Thanks. Yes, I have also been adding extra glossy layers to the materials, to get the look. Actually, now that I think of it, I could probably use a light path to turn off reflections of lamps (on flat surfaces). The world texture that I’m using, should provide any glare from the surface, when needed.

OK, sorry, I might have misunderstood what was meant by “layers”. Were you actually talking about the “Render Layers” panel, and using “exclusion layers”. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on using exclusion layers? I haven’t tried much more than basic compositing yet.

The trick that I wanted to do with the “Light Path” node didn’t work. The node did not have the option I needed (perhaps "is Emmission Ray needed?).