Rigify shifts mesh when armature is applied

Whenever I add a armature modifier to my model’s mesh, the arms and legs shift just a little bit. Strangely, the mesh jumps back to place when I uncheck “Bind to vertex groups.” The shift is very minor but I worked too hard on this model to let there something little like this to be wrong with it. All the bone rolls are good and the rig’s/mesh’s scale is both 1.00. The bones are all placed very well in the mesh. What else could be causing this?

Ahmm, please post the .blend file. My assumption would that the bones position itself has changed in pose mode in relation to their respecting bone position in edit mode. But like I said, you’ll have to upload the file, not much can be done like this.

Go into pose mode of your rig, select all the bones and press alt+“r” and alt+“g” to remove any transformations the rig has applied before binding the mesh to the rig. In addition, if that doesn’t help, look at your mesh modifiers and if you have any armature modifiers listed in there, remove them prior to applying the parent child relationship.