Need advice for modelling an alien

Hello, fellow blender artists!

I’ve just started using blender and I’m working on a cartoon alien. I know it looks pretty bad and stuff so I need some feedback on this alien. So there are a few things that I need help with:

1. Does this model look good?

2. Does this hand look good and if yes should I keep those plunger things on the tip of the fingers?

3. Can you give me some advice on the head?

If you see anything else that’s wrong with this, please let me know. Thanks for looking and responding to my message and all the best in your future projects!

There’s a problem with the question/post. You don’t specify if it’s a design problem or a modeling problem. The questions suggest it’s a design problem, but it’s on modeling support forum. You also start by saying you know it looks bad, then why are you asking if it looks good when you already have the answer.

If something looks good or not can be very subjective. Tell more about what the model is for (style, age group, project, environment, accompanying assets), what references are you using, inspiration, then maybe someone might be able to suggest what to improve.

If it’s a modeling problem, knowing how the model is going to be used and the structure is important.

Hello, JA12

When I said it looked bad, I meant that it would look bad for a skilled artist, and was asking if it looked good for a beginner. Sorry for not stating that. And It’s an original design of my own and 'Im asking for advice on whether or not I will encounter problems with that model.

If you’re after stylistic advice:
I’d make the body narrower and the arms thicker and longer. The hands aren’t too bad. You might also want to play around with the head shape a little. It looks a little too round and human. Try grabbing and moving a few vertices around the chin in edit mode with proportional editing switched on. Perhaps try enlarging the eyes too.
Good luck.

Thanks for the advice!