is there a script repository somewhere?

My Lycos account died, too little traffic and I couldn’t be bothered to actually build an homepage for it (yeh, i am lazy). This means that at the moment the only way for someone to get hold of my NIF importer is joining the Nifla yahoo group to download it, and I can see that this would be a hassle for most. Not that the script is any useful by itself, doesn’t export anything, and only imports geometries and materials so far. I was wondering: is there any place where I could upload this script, some sort of central repository for Blender scripts, like there are for game mods? As long as these are licensed under GPL I don’t see any problem in hosting them on a 3rd party server.

i am working on that, but until i have more time and some more support there is nothing i can do.

If you would like to finish it you can do that.

http://www.toxicx.toxicengine.org/scripts/scripts2.php

It’s an interesting script, but what I meant is something much simpler. Just a page where you can upload a script with a description and/or a thumbnail of what it does, possibly zipped together with a readme, for anyone to download. Just a sort of common free script library, like the one on the Blender homepage, but with the possibility for users to upload and update them.

Why not put it on the blender wiki? - wiki.blender.org

That is where my sculpt mesh tool is, as long as it is GPL and for Blender it shouldn’t be a problem.

LetterRip

I just created a searchable Download section for Scripts on my Site www.blendertutorials.org.
Only registered Users can upload files to my server, but anybody can download it from there. I’ve got 80 GIG Harddisk on that system and 500 GIG traffic/month.
If you and anybody else will like, it can be used as a script repository.
Feel free to use it for any GPL’d Blender script.

Greetings
Tuxbot

Done, script added for anyone who wants to download it, try it out, and build on it (heh, fat chance).
Linkage for those of you too lazy to look it up yourselves.

Thanks again Tuxbot, I’ll make sure to give you a couple of banner hits each time I visit.