Lego + 2500 animations for game

dear blender community. I am new to 3d modelling and animation, but i wwnt to learn some basics of it.
My hobby is programming in Unity3d game engine (c# language or javascript), but to make games i need graphics.
Unity3d assets store provides some basic 3d models, and there is also free animations database - 2500+ - from Carnegie mellon university (few gigabytes).
I have cool idea for game, but everything should be in one style. Aftrr thinking on it, i decided that lego is the best style to begin with.
I checkeD official Lego site, and found program for free with lego creatures, chracters - humans etc. Great, but no animation.
this program(lego digital designer) can also convert 3d lego models (export) into other programsl which can convert into 3ds max etc, so that can be converted to blender (it is the only 3d program i have on pc, i mean for modelling).

Well, i found 3 lego human characters with simple animation each of them. But i am not satisfied. Of course these Lego characters solve many problems - i can make any historical person in lego style (philosopher etc - evrryone is more or less a philosopher) - by changing face texture and other “skins” on body (cloth texture).

But what i want is to have fully rigged lego characters in 3d in blender and then in unity3d game engine so to apply those 2500 animations to them. It is not a commercial project. It is just my idea for making fan art games in lego style.

So,lego has several kinds of human characters. Simplest is minifigure - legs and hand cannot bend - they are always strate but only rotate.
I wonder what would happen if i apply any of those 2500 animations to such character. But i think they are not rigged by default. I am not even quite sure what is rigging (english is not my native language), but i understand that it is required for animation

As i understand, characters must be in T-pose - then those 2500 animations can be applied to such Lego character.

All right, i can get free Lego technic 3d model from same official Lego program, but i’ld like to have that character rigged and animated (hope - no need to make own animations but just use those 2500).

So i have no idea what to begin with. Is it at all possible what i say?

Thank you