[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

I think Annie Mei looks very female even for anime. Some harder edges, corners on the silhouette (both face and body) would do him good. You use mainly female reference, why?
https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=467908&d=1484495946 I know this was an early stage, but the pointiness of the chin and cheeks, the straight eyebrows, generally the harder lines made that version look much more manly than the current version, maybe get a bit of this character back? (Of course the current model is much better technically).

Are you giving up on yourself? You should know that character modeling is hard work and that you’re bound to make plenty of mistakes, but you shouldn’t let that stop you. Mistakes aren’t bad. Everyone makes mistakes (I do too, as my past threads can surely speak to that manner). But the important thing is that mistakes help us learn from our past experiences so we can do it right the next time.

A few things to keep in mind:

-Try sketching out your initial concepts before you dive in. Have a good idea of what you want to create before you start to create it. If you can’t draw, practice and get better, because many skills in drawing are relevant to skills that are needed in blending. It’s better to go in with a rough sketch than it is with nothing at all.

-Gather references from all kinds of sources. Don’t limit yourself to just anime too. You need to know the basic proportions and anatomy of real life human beings before you can experiment around with different stylized proportions. To use an odd metaphor, if you want to learn to fight bears on mountains, you don’t exclusively look up, “how to fight bears on mountains”. You research proper fighting and martial arts techniques, the different kinds of bears and how they react to humans in their territory, and the terrain of mountains and where bears tend to live on them. You need to learn the basic subcategories before you can piece together the whole picture.

-Don’t give up. I’ve said this already, but this needs repeating. If something doesn’t work out, find a different approach. If something doesn’t make sense, try to understand why it doesn’t make sense. Practice. Learn. Grow. Then eventually you may be able to look back on yourself and be proud of how far you’ve come. I’m not that good myself compared to the pros out there, but when I look back to a month after I started, I see proof of what I’ve learned and how far I’ve gotten.