LAS Explorer

Hello all. Working on a rendering for a project of mine, as this is my first time doing something like this I thought I’d post it here for some feedback.

I’m going to be working on the stand next.

Model is looking good. Textures and lighting are going to need some work to get to photorealism, if that’s what you’re shooting for.

quite agree with pleskinen, more work on texture and it would be much better.

Hi,
this is looking nice, though I have 3 suggestions:

1. one of the “adjusters” of the right side of the watch looks like it needs to be “smoothed shaded”
  2. If you can, add just a little bit of imperfection (scratches)
  3. Maybe add the “lens distortion” node and set the bottom value to something like .01 To make the picture look like it was taken by a camera.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, I’m waiting on some new graphics cards to get in at the moment, building a new rig, dual gtx 1080’s with a liquid cooling double radiator set up. Will preform a lot better than my gtx 970M, especially seeing as how my cpu out preforms it.
These are imported models so I’ll need to recreate the .stl files in a higher resolution and re-import. I tried “Ctrl J” (i think that’s what it is) to clean up the mesh but it still distorted horribly with any modifiers so thankfully it’s easy to just import a new mesh.
I was not even aware that a “lens distortion” node existed, that’s an awesome tip thanks.

So I got the graphics cards in, very pleased with the bump in performance. Now to save for a quad quadro system :cool:

I used the imported models as a guide to re-create the mesh in blender, smooth shading now works flawlessly, as well as any other modifier.

I adjusted the textures slightly but majority of the changes were lighting, messing with the glass material till it looked more right, and adding brushing to the dial.

https://lastimepieces.com/data/images/0000.png

Low samples I know.