see alpha in texture view in 3d viewport

Hi, When I import an image as a plane with the addon I can see the alpha channel in the 3d viewport in texture view mode. Meaning I can see through the clear parts of the image texture.
When I create a plane with an image texture by mixing a diffuse and transparent shader I can not see through the alpha part in texture view mode. I can see through the alpha in rendered view and it renders fine. But I want to be able to see it in texture mode.

Why not just import image as plane? Because it seems to be causing a problem with image sequences where the texture gets lost everytime I try to render.

Thanks

Use ‘Material’ viewport shading mode.

My mistake. I was in Material view, not Texture view in the 3d viewport. It is still acting the same way.

I have been having all kinds of problems with images not being found and showing up hot pink.
I have my image sequences in separate folders as well as a folder for image textures. It seems every time I open the file something turns up hot pink. Also the image sequences only are animated when I am in material compositeing screen with that material selected. Is there a way to view all image sequences at the same time?
Thanks