Bob's hobby room.

Hi,
This is “Bob’s hobby room”
I need some suggestions, it does not quiet feel complete.

Thanks

I’d suggest that you fix the lamp so that the light is only coming from the front not leaking out of the back and down the lamp. The reason for this is because the strong lighting on the lamp takes away emphasis from what I believe you wanted to be the main focus, the statue.
Also I would recommend that you adjust the lighting so that it would lights both the left and right sides more even to reduce the emphasis on the right. This increase in the light would also allow you to cast more shadows on the focus of the picture to bring it to your attention and give it a more dramatic look.
I would also recommend that you use another light as well to throw light more evenly across the items that you wanted to emphasize and to reduce the lighting on the items that you didn’t want emphasized. This will allow you to better direct the viewers focus and to have greater control over the composition of the scene. One example of how the composition can be improved is that the books on the book shelf could be either stronger lit to bring out a background or more dimly lit to place focus on the fore ground. As the books are now they appear flat and sort of grab the viewers attention due to the constant color and the contrast of this color to the rest of the scene. By changing the color of the books, and adding more fall off in the lighting so that the light fades away so that the center is well lit and the background is nearly dark it could greatly improve the composition of the image.
Also what kind of mood are you going for? If you are wanting more of an abandoned, untouched look I would recommend adding dust to the items in the picture and adding atmospheric lighting to give it an abandoned feel to it. If you took that route you could also leave only the statue clean with no dust to bring out an emphasis and convey the value and importance that this item carries.

Hi RayRayDev,
Great advice, I highly appreciate it :slight_smile: