Fury 3D Lowpoly Art Portrait - Timelapse

Fury 3D Lowpoly Art Portrait Done in Blender
tri : 4801
Cycles Materials : 4801
TimeLapse :

Attachments

That seemed a lot of manual work, couldnt you have automated some of the steps?
Like created some edge loops and filled with grid fill, the adjusted the verts to the image?
I would have also probably done the fill step in some other program, like InkScape or Illustrator, after exporting the mesh to SVG, since it would be faster.

I mean the final effect looks great, though i would have meshed the background as well.

I have Done this Portrait using extrude vertex,fill tool and cycles materials. I think all other Programs take same time for this portrait and I want to Complete this art in 3D blender.

Thnx @Adam TM for your review.

This is very well done :slight_smile:

The thumbnail image actually looks like the original reference image.

Nice work man.

Thnx @Jamie B

Holy shit great work

thnx @keseyrage

I am also thinking it is too much like the original image. Good Word dude!

Nice Work… :slight_smile:

Thnx @foxrender

Thnx @jaysoni89

Well done!!keep it up!

The result is good but i think you could have used a much faster technique, at least for the colours/material part.

A different way using the “bake uv-texture to vertex color” addon:
-switch on the addon
-once you have done the whole mesh switch to BI
-in the UV-image editor open the image you used for the mesh
-uv unwrap with “project from view” and adjust the uv until it overlaps the image correctly
-go into vertex paint mode> misc panel> bake uv texture to vcolor
-go to edit mode> select all vertices> ctrl+e> edge split
-again in vertex paint mode> select blur brush> blur everything so each face will have a single color.
-for rendering in cycles you can use the attribute node.

@mik.a.

Thnx for your comment. I need all faces with different color for tri effect and I have already tried it but it not gives that low-poly effect It merges two vertex colors and gives gradient effect… :o

Did you read his explanation? He told you how to get one color per polygon with this technique by edgesplitting them.

really awsome suhag…

Thanks @Fortuner0888

Thnx @drashti

how much time u took for completion ?

@jaysoni89
around 19 hours