Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Indie Studio Looking for Help [Unpaid]

Got another writer in this week! Getting close to fully staffed on writing. If you're looking to join on, make the move soon

We're looking for some UI / UX Designers. We've got the basics in there, but the UI / UX could really use some love.

Also looking for 3D modelers that can do vehicles or are interested in building buildings.

All replies sent out

We're looking for some UI / UX Designers. We've got the basics in there, but the UI / UX could really use some love.

The JumpCheck Studios website is live

You can see it and the active team members here: https://JumpCheckStudios.com/

Please note, the Grid Down website won't be live until closer to our Kickstarter. But I'll be sure to post it here as soon as it's up!

Still looking for more individuals. Let us know if you're interested in helping out!

All posts / messages replied to!

Making quite a bit of progress on our Kickstarter town this week. Starting to really flesh out that part of the world. A lot more work to do though

Still looking for help, especially UI / UX and 3D vehicle modeling!

Are there any good UI / UX designers out there that could help us out? You guys seem to be as rare as unicorns!

Looking for more help in other areas as well!

This week one of the new blueprint guys created our initial building system! We're also about 1/3 completed on our kickstarter town.

With that being said, we decided that we need more help on level design. We're looking for more level designers now!

I sent you a email! Its marked synergy!

im here for help

just tell me where to start

All PMs / Messages replied to.

We got 2 level designers in this week, so we're closing that portion for now.

This week we're having one of the level design guys and one of the blueprint guys work on the Truesky plugin settings for the project. Day, night, rain, fog, etc.

One of the 3D modelers is coming up with completely custom road spline meshes for the new road tool we're using.

Our blueprint guys are working on the inventory system, storage, pickup / drop items.

The 3D modelers are working on road pieces for the new roads tool we're using.

Still looking for more help

It says unpaid, is there a chance of revenue share at the end?

Thanks for your message!

We share that info during the interview process. If you'd like to hear more send us an email at [email protected] and we'll give you our Skype / Google hangout info so you can stop by sometime!

Our Vehicle Modeler is working on suspension / animating our first vehicle and doing tests on bumpy terrain.

We got our first waterfall in the game, complete with spraying water.

We're looking to start fleshing out our Grid Down Game website, and we're looking for people who know CSS website coding. If you know anyone that does that, please pass our thread along to them!

If anyone knows someone who knows how to design websites in CSS please send them our way. We could really use some help there

One of our programmers is working on the underlying Inventory System UI code this week.

The writers got a few additional lore stories completed.

Unreal Engine Blueprint Creator

Hi! Are there any openings still available for the UE4 blueprint creator position?

Also, my background is in film making/script writing, so I can provide samples of writing if you need help in that department instead.

Thanks!

All messages replied to!

One of our level designers shared a new video of an area he's working on with the team.

One of our 2D Artists is doing concept sketches for different character variations in the game.

If anyone knows where to look for CSS website designers, please shoot me a Private Message! Seems like there aren't a lot on here

It's difficult for me to see what you are really offering for people if you're not going to pay. People going into this have to realize that realistically, the vast majority of projects never get finished. They might be better off just developing their own art, as in my experience that's a quicker way to improve skills.

At any rate, I'd recommend getting some funding so you can start paying.

Are you still looking for voice actors?

Originally Posted by AlexanderL View Post
    It's difficult for me to see what you are really offering for people if you're not going to pay. People going into this have to realize that realistically, the vast majority of projects never get finished. They might be better off just developing their own art, as in my experience that's a quicker way to improve skills.

At any rate, I'd recommend getting some funding so you can start paying.
    Thanks for your message!

Unfortunately for new indie teams, they can't get funding until they have at least one published successful title. And you can't get a published successful title without funding. So the only way to do it for new individuals is Kickstarter. But until you've had a successful Kickstarter campaign, you don't have any money.

We're not looking to do individual work, we want to publish a full game title and launch a studio. So for now, all we can afford is unpaid help

-----------------------------

Replied to all messages

This week we went over some game website concepts.

We also have one of the 3D artists making some clothes for the game.

Looking for more interested people

This week the writers worked on some lore guidelines for the game.

One of the 3D Artists got the first custom backpack done for the game!

Looking for more interested people

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12