Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Originally Posted by AlmaTalp View Post
    2. Will it be available for Cinema4D Prime?

Thanks
    Maxon will not release ProRender for Prime, that much is clear at this point, because it wouldn't make sense for them to allow high-level new features to become part of the basic Prime package. They need users to have reasons to buy into the more expensive versions.

C4d users are getting the short end of the stick: with Max, Blender, SolidWorks, etc. the instant AMD releases a new version of ProRender, users can update to that version. Not so with the C4D version: Maxon keeps strict control, which means that C4D users will have to wait until the next major new version is released, and pay double to gain access to a production-ready ProRender.

The current version in C4D is only a half-finished affair, and barely out of alpha in my opinion. I compared Blender's integration with the one in C4d 19, and I can tell you that ProRender in Blender is not only production ready (for stills at the very least), but that the integration is far better and actually simpler in use. And Blender renders MUCH faster than the one in C4d (same settings, same scene).
    /*----------------------------------------------------*/
    System: Win7 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

How is the modo implementation coming along?

Originally Posted by Herbert123 View Post
    Maxon will not release ProRender for Prime, that much is clear at this point, because it wouldn't make sense for them to allow high-level new features to become part of the basic Prime package. They need users to have reasons to buy into the more expensive versions.

C4d users are getting the short end of the stick: with Max, Blender, SolidWorks, etc. the instant AMD releases a new version of ProRender, users can update to that version. Not so with the C4D version: Maxon keeps strict control, which means that C4D users will have to wait until the next major new version is released, and pay double to gain access to a production-ready ProRender.

The current version in C4D is only a half-finished affair, and barely out of alpha in my opinion. I compared Blender's integration with the one in C4d 19, and I can tell you that ProRender in Blender is not only production ready (for stills at the very least), but that the integration is far better and actually simpler in use. And Blender renders MUCH faster than the one in C4d (same settings, same scene).
    same thoughts here
    add Maya to that equation with much better integration

IMO C4D is becoming Barbie in LegoLand (Iray engine is leaving her in few days, PRMan seems to be long gone, only older Houdini generation performing it's magic...)

&
    Modo dev. are planning it's own GPU engine for it

PS (@bsavery)
    After lots of studies, Lux is still faster and better looking, but RPR is doing great nonetheless - it's advantage is in being more oriented toward Artists while Lux is more technical... You need to get the community rolling along (before it gets too late), that's the real force

When are we getting builds for other linux distributions? I tried the Ubuntu build in Arch linux(Blender 2.79, Python 3.6) but it does work and outputs some assertion and relative import errors.

Any tip to get Hair Shader ?
    -melanin, tint lobes, transmission, ... -
    Thx
    Last edited by carlosan; 14-Nov-17 at 18:20.

Regarding community outreach... we also have a discord server for sharing renders, questions, bugs, etc! Please join us.

https://discord.gg/Xy9wUFj

Yes, thanks for the link
    Although am quite busy at the moment, but hopefully will find some time to write more...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213