Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Alike" Online Premiere

If you haven't noticed yet, that animated short Alike that showed at last year's (2015) Blender Conference has had its online premiere today. It's a great film, well worth watching... and yes, it was made with Blender.

Alike

Last edited by Fweeb; 12-Dec-16 at 11:22.

Somewhat depressing.

Edit: Brilliant short movie of course.
    Last edited by bigbad; 12-Dec-16 at 15:48.

yes depressing is the fact that is so hard to create such a beautiful and compelling piece!, but also it's inspiring

Such an awesome short! Congrats to everyone involved, really kickass work guys!

@Fweeb: Definitely top row material, don't you think?

Originally Posted by manitwo View Post
    @Fweeb: Definitely top row material, don't you think?
    Good idea.

wow that was sooo amazing!!!

What I don't understand is that when I click on it from the top row, it took me to the other site. Wouldn't it make more sense to link it to this thread and people can watch the video here on this forum? After all, for the other top row pics, we link to the Finished Products thread instead of the artist's blog or their other personal sites.
    Work one step at a time. Be patient and you'll climb mountains and reach new lands eventually.
    ----------------
    Anybody who wants to simply talk can feel free to PM me anything. My inbox is open.

Love the style.

Thought top row was reserved for authors/co-authors posting here

Brilliant short! Everyone working on it deserve to be proud of their achievement.

Originally Posted by The Omnilord View Post
    What I don't understand is that when I click on it from the top row, it took me to the other site. Wouldn't it make more sense to link it to this thread and people can watch the video here on this forum? After all, for the other top row pics, we link to the Finished Products thread instead of the artist's blog or their other personal sites.
    Probably. I only recently got access (or was made aware that I had access) to updating the top row. Still figuring out how it works. I'll see if there's an easy way to update a URL.
    EDIT: Fixed

Originally Posted by burnin View Post
    Thought top row was reserved for authors/co-authors posting here
    Occasionally the top row has been used for things that are Blender-related, but not directly associated with the forum. For example, I think the Blender Market launch was one of them.
    Last edited by Fweeb; 13-Dec-16 at 10:00.

Yet another film about enslavement by "work" with bright colors to convey life and innocence and shades of grey to convey age and resignation, mute characters and the image of the city as a great catalyst of all things bad. Don't take me wrong, both animation and rendering look fantastic (although they could have gone for something more varied than the plain clay look), but we've seen this exact combination of theme, scenario and art style twice a year for fifteen years... once again to end on a good note, the animation is super slick.

Finally,
    I've been forward to this for a while now.
    GPU: Sapphire R7 240 1GB Overclocked,CPU: Intel Pentium G2030 3.0 GHz 3MB Cache Dual Threaded,Ram: 8 GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3

That`s so beautiful! Great great work!

Now that's just heart warming
    good work on everyone involved in it
    GPU: Sapphire R7 240 1GB Overclocked,CPU: Intel Pentium G2030 3.0 GHz 3MB Cache Dual Threaded,Ram: 8 GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3

Touchy and well done. Congrats!
    "Don't forget that blender is a community project, we develop blender together.
    If you feel things aren't as good as the should be, make it your goal to improve it." Sergof

Whoa... That looked amazing... Brilliant movie guys!

Originally Posted by Hadriscus View Post
    Yet another film about enslavement by "work" with bright colors to convey life and innocence and shades of grey to convey age and resignation, mute characters and the image of the city as a great catalyst of all things bad. Don't take me wrong, both animation and rendering look fantastic (although they could have gone for something more varied than the plain clay look), but we've seen this exact combination of theme, scenario and art style twice a year for fifteen years... once again to end on a good note, the animation is super slick.
    True indeed. Hadn`t it been for the great lighting & animation, I doubt I`d even watched it till the end. I think the pacing was somewhat really sub-optimal and it (to me) started to feel somewhat repetitive about halfway into the short.
    I started to literally think to myself "OK, ok, I really got it by now! Why is it repeating itself all over again after the 4:00 min mark?"
    Mis-en-scene and framing are to be noted as well done, either, though.

greetings, Kologe
    "Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law." - Douglas R. Hofstadter
    If human mind is an armory, - which it doubtlessly can be - then the arm having the by far greatest potential of bringing death and doom over innocent people ain't nuclear weapons, but religions.

Beautiful!!!

Originally Posted by Hadriscus View Post

Yeah I wont deny that it isn't anything unique and the message is message I personally disagree with
    but it's well executed, and that's all I can ask for in a movie, I'd rather it be a really well executed movie based on a theme thats done 1000 times than a movie that's incomprehensible and poorly made but is supposedly "deep"
    the same can be said for a lot of the other media I consumed that came out this year

Wow thats weird, i cant rate this thread, its already top row anyways

I saw it this morning and was very curious for the result couple months ago.
    Really love!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast