Jeep Wrangler (image dump)

Hey all, for the past couple of months I’ve been working on a new training course on making a Jeep Wrangler. Decided to throw together a bunch of clay renders to share before moving on to shaders and scene creation…

UPDATE

Finally finished this! It took way longer than expected but very happy with the result. Let me know what you think of the final shots and the trailer. It’s a huge course and probably the only one of its size I’ll ever do this killed me. But I always wanted to publish a large scale course like this as a full production guide for anyone interested in the topic.

If you’re interested in checking out the course then click here to see more about it on Gumroad.

That is a bad-assed looking model. I haven’t tried a car yet, kind of like the 96 oz steak, can I handle it? but this time I have to go for it. I have learned a lot from your tutorials and more than just do this, do that, but an understanding so that I could reuse the knowledge in other situations in blender. so yeaaaah…! :cool:

I don’t use Blender for car modelling anymore but I’ll probably still get this when it comes out. Do you have an idea for a release date? :slight_smile:

Thanks Warren! This is totally the 96oz steak of tutorials haha.

InKontrol, I’m aiming for a release the first week of January. I’m horrible with predictions though this was suppose to be out end of November, but the recording for the many interior details was time consuming. But all the hard stuff’s done so thinking I can stay on schedule this time. I’ll post here when it’s finally out.

nice clay-render, like the light setup!

Hi Chris,

Looks great, and I am looking forward to the series release!

Awesome, definitely looking forward to this course!
Loving the little rubber spikes (how are they called properly btw?) on the tires!

Thanks guys! Robocyte, I think I just call them hairs in the course but after looking it up it looks like they’re technically “vent spews”, and they’re also a favorite detail of mine =)

Very nice modelling!

Great modelling. Love to see wires :slight_smile:

fantastic modeling. can’t wait for the course.

Thanks for the comments! Just wanted to update this as I finally finished the project! I updated the original post with the final renders and video.

I can never decide on the best wireframe rendering technique to use, but I’ll figure something out this weekend though and get a few wireframe shots posted.

This has been the best value for money in any training I have purchased over the years. Would still be worth the purchase at 2 or 3 times the current retail. Look forward to supporting your future training and further advanced blender tutorials. It would be great to see your take on product design techniques in blender.

Thanks parel! Product rendering is something I do frequently for freelance but on a pretty limited scale. I have a lot to learn on that topic when it comes to things like a fancy final presentation and special fx, but it would be really useful to compile a lot of knowledge on that into one course so it’s been on my to-do list for a while. We’ll see what happens this year =D

Sorry to say that… this course is not worth money for that price. It is worth hell more than the current price! (something around hundred or more)
In depth tutorial on modeling, shading and rendering. Not quick, not too slow - average pace. High quality audio recording. And that modeling technique…

I just love this course. Great job, Chris.

Hahah you had me worried for a second there, but so glad to hear you love it, thanks for all the compliments I appreciate it!

Another big fan of this tutorial, thanks for creating it. It’s worth every cent.

Being relatively new to blender I’m learning a lot. I’m also learning a lot about modelling in general which is equally applicable to any 3d subd software.

Holy moly! This looks like the best car modeling tutorial EVER

kevjon, thanks! It’s great to hear that you’re able to follow along being newer to blender. That was definitely my goal to make this for anyone with even just a little blender experience.

michalzisman, thank you!