Bouncing ball animation

here is a bouncing ball animation, I was told to put my animations here for feedback, so here it is…

i have another where it Bounces for longer. But it’s not rendered yet.

Anyone there?

It doesn’t show too well, the action seems to be overshadowed by the controls? You should post the blend file for us to play with.

Have you made any improvements in the last 6 months? I would slow it all down so we can see the details.

Cheers, Clock.

Ah i suspected that would happen, Anyways here are the blend files, I don’t have the exact same one that was in the video cause i modified it afterwards, but here are two very similar ones.

Attachments

Ball.zip (193 KB)

You wanted some feedback so here is some
I understand you animated the ball falling from a height but most of the action takes place near the ground so maybe move the camera to get it closer to the action.
Using a better contrast between subject and background will direct attention towards your subject and make it easier for viewers to focus.
The deformation of the ball looks like its was automated with softbodies, balls usually never get sharp edges when hitting the ground because the volume of the ball stays almost the same its just the shape that changes.

To animate the ball I used a “stretch to” bone constraint, also I think it had sharp edges cause it was low poly, perhaps I should have subsurfed it,

I did a video with some rigid bodies and a group of balls going though a little course and they were stretchy and bouncy, I used the soft body settings to get a realistic looking impact bounce and elasticity to the balls as well. Those settings can be adjusted to allow for more bounce and give to the ball’s shape. Not sure if you are looking for that type of look or not but this is the video I did. I could share the blend file with you if you want to go through the settings I used and see what is what. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQnhaHB8wIk

Ah soft bodies, I considered using those but for my assignment I was told to animate a bouncing ball, so I though I couldn’t use them. But anyways, I think I will try them, if I cant figure out how to use them I will take a look at yours, Thanks everyone!