Genji + Hanzo fusion Fanart

Hi there, this is my first thread on WIP of BA, My name is Jason Chan, I am a 19 years old boy from South Africa.

This is a personal project that I am working on, Concept based on the original Overwatch Hanzo design which was a fusion between Genji and Hanzo. Everything is made in Blender. The bow you see in the image is made by BlenderWeapons, I was using it to temporarily test out how a bow would fit in the design. To replace his bow, I modelled the concept bow from the Original Hanzo design later on.

The problems I have at the moment are The textures for the model, how to light it, a background, some action in the scene, and a good composition.

I don’t have a GPU, but an intel i3 Lenovo laptop with 8GB of Ram, so the render time is killing me.

This is a long project that I had have been working on during my free time, and there is still a lot for me to do:)

I am open to any sort of critiques because I am having trouble handling this project of mine.

2 Likes

OMG what would his Ultimate be?? 3 running dragons?? Like I dont hate playing against genji allready enough xD
All jokes aside - this is a very cool project!!
Combining their body shapes is very cool idea and works pretty well allready! (i like the armor “hanging” down on his waist best) (lol my english is not very good xD have mercy on me)(no pun intended LOL)
Combing their clothing materials is a cool idea as well, but for me its not working so well right now. Especially the rope distracs me big time, but although the fabric beneath his chest armor. On his pants it works better. Im guessing its because the forms of the clothing fit well together, the upper part is wider, the lower part tight. Maybe you can try playing with these opposites a bit.
His head seems 100% genji right now it would be very cool if it had elements of hanzo as well.
I like the Cyber elements on the bow. Is he going to have a bow and a sword?

Hi there, thanks for the reply, The pose I will give him is when he just released his arrow, with 3 dragons launching towards the enemies. I am planning to make the composition of the pose dynamic. About his head, it is not 100% Genji. I have modelled it according to the concept art you see in the second image. And as for his green lights, i will be changing it to orange red

More stuff that I made for the scene. Since texturing is a really tiring job to do, i decided to rather not do it and just leave the objects with a simple white PBR shader, to make it look like a 3D printed product. I will be using dynamic lighting to enrich the boring white colours.

1 Like

Final pose for my personal project! I will be adding a background so that this “figurine” looks realistic. and maybe something on the right side of the image to balance out the composition, because the figurine is taking up too much visual space :rolleyes:

2 Likes

the modeling on the dragons is excellent! how do you do the posing? could you show your armature setup?

I’ve started using Render Street for all my final renders now. You create an account, fund your account with a credit card (I’ve only done $10US), and install the plugin (free). I use the low end pay-as-you-go plan. I find my renders take much less time and it usually doesn’t cost very much per render.

LH

I like this work a lot

Nice work here.

do you have this model to view? I’m trying to make this costume and would love to be able to use this as a reference!

2 Likes

Awesome thank you so much! If it’s not too much trouble could you also post more full body shots? Particularly the shoulder armor and the loin cloth armor

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you so much this has been a ton of help is it okay if I make one final request? Can I get a frontal shot of the torso and front full body shot? If it’s not too much trouble :persevere:

Send me a pic when you are done with your design, I am looking forward to seeing it come to life:grin:

2 Likes

Beautiful work! The dragons are just amazing.

Awesome work, congrats! maybe more symmetry breaking level up a little this madness