UPBGE's Community Addon

This is an addon I made for the BGE community. It’s a generic addon that has a little of everything. It’s objective is to provide an easy to use interface to do things that right now aren’t so easy. For example play video with sound in one line of code or by adding an UPBGE component (built-in).

Here you have the link: http://coredoc.royalwebhosting.net/

Though I’ve been the sole developer of this addon for now, I would really like if the community were to contribuite and improve it. Anything that you can do is OK. Either if it’s coding, models, textures, music, sounds, components, or shaders I will try to include in the addon anything you can do.

Current features:

• Build-in components (ThirdPerson, MouseLook, Video, MusicFolder, etc…)
  • Build-in 2D Filtres (Vignetting, ChromaticAberration)
  • Project Manager
  • Python API; Sequencer (Wait, LinearInterpolation, etc…)

The addon is designed so that you can easily add custom 2D filters, components, assets, or modify the python API. Just send me you project folder and I will add it to the addon.

Could you include this?

Yes I’ll try. I would actually like to have shaders as a saperate UI (so not components) but for now it will be fine (sice I’ve not made such UI yet). I’ll update this post when it’s ready.

Ideally you should post the a project directory (.zip), so that I just have to copy-paste the files, if you post a resource that’s not made for this addon I need to port it, wich may be a lot of work depending the asset.

Could you add to the the upbge’s community addon a way for npc’s to play there animations only when they are walking to player?Like in this blend.

Attachments

animation test2.blend (9.23 MB)

This is very dependend on what kind of game you’re doing. It should be done with python, is not that hard. At some point I will do a skyrim like control component, so it will have that feature, but not for now.

In any case this is in the “team project” subforum becouse I expect the community to make apportations. It is not a request page for everything.

EDIT: The addon has now a follow component, but the animations are still made with logic bricks, is this what you meant?

File (Load it using the addon, otherwise won’t work): project.zip (237 KB)

You really should explain yourself better.Because you said ,“I will try to include in the addon anything you can do.”

Exactly, anything you can do while using it. Otherwise I have to port things and that means work. So for example, if it’s a shader, then a shader you’ve done using the API provided in the addon. If it’s a component, the same.

The wind shader for example, uses a component, but the shader wrapper is coded in a completly diferent way than this addon, if I add that without thinking the addon will lose choerence.

Do i load the project folder as a zip or unzip?

You unzip it and then go to File -> Project -> Load Game Project.

Have you followed the “first steps” tutorial after installing the addon? http://coredoc.royalwebhosting.net/ui.html

Yes i did that.But your project zip after i unzip it does not work.Follow is all greyed out.

Well I didn’t pack it well, I missed one important file. I’ve packed it again. However you should be getting an error “Project file not found”, you probably aren’t opening it well. You need UPBGE 1.0 or higher, the addon installed, and to open it through the project menu.

project.zip (238 KB)

Note for myself: Make the load game project operator work with compressed files. And create a “Save Project As” operator.
EDIT: Done! Actually you can now use the new operator to save directly in as a compressed file, and as an extra it cleans the packge of compiled python, blender security copies, etc.

I did get that error.

And with the file on the last post? It should be fixed.

It works now.

Thanks very much for this addon :slight_smile: . Tristan (panzergame) showed to us the documentation. It sounds nice but I didn’t tested yet. Thanks!

This is great! the BGE and UPBGE still gets more and more from the users! Im so happy. Thnks a lot!

Would this addon improve framerate for sprite animations?

No. That is a feature we already have in the source so it’s a job for the UPBGE team. The only thing this addon could do about sprites is create a way to manage them easier, but we already have an addon for that. That and networking are two things that I’m not going to add.

Thanks for an explanation.

Do you have to install anything else to use this addon besides the current Upbge.I thought the upbge came with components
already.I am getting the error.No module named module or script arror when loading.