The wolf. Animation started

Sharing for now only the front view because sides are still should be fixed a little bit. On this one maybe still need to add more fur beetween eyebrows. This wolf will be animated later, he will go to drink water to the lake :slight_smile:

And here is how the textering looks like

Great start, add some more lights we can’t see him!

Thanks. I will lighten it up of course.

Hi. Call it done. I was not going for very realistic look but for something eyepleasing and beautiful and like the frosty look of everything. But what do you think guys? Btw, who will find the owl on the scene will get a gold medal :slight_smile:

I am planning to animate this wolf now walking somewhere there, going to drink or chasing somebody. Still think about the plot.

Here is the video which shows you the progress on my rig of this wolf

I made facial expressions and improved my rig and also discovered how to make a walk cycle or run cycle on uneven ground (not flat). So going to make a walk cycle now

Here is what I have so far.

Walk cycle

Run and trot cycles

Also started to do some exercices of combining actions, and following path…

What you’ve done so far is incredible! But may I suggest more shoulder blade movement so they come up behind his scruff or neck for the forelegs? And to lessen the tail’s up and down movement when his hips move in running cycles?

This is fun to follow and your textures are really well done - it’s nice to see a pretty sky that isn’t all photograph.

I’m really liking what I’m seeing so far, especially your Aurora :slight_smile: Well done!

HelloHiHola

Thanks. Agree about shoulders and the tail. Will see what I can do with that. And glad you noticed my Aurora animation. I really spent a lot of time to get that effect to work right, since it was a lot of fiddling with nodes, noise textures, masking and mapping coordinates animating.

DevilsDJ

Thank you.

Holy crap this is really good.
The animation is great and so is the model
How do you get the particle system to look so clean, i have been trying but i cant do it.

keep up the good work.

My WIP: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?416454-Future-city

Thanks, mate. About particle system. You just need to be a little bit patient and to create about 15 different particle systems with different length and other properties and make sure you comb properly where transition from one particle system to another happening. Also render settings for the hair as hair BSDF and Hair strands and others should be enabled. And very impostant is special shader for the hair with hair bsdf node and intersecting so make hair tips more translusent or semi-transparent

Why is it so hard? Anyways, last exercise in NLA and action editors done and now i feel more confident and ready to start to make my cartoon.

The feet slip a lot. Didn’t you use IK?
Also there seem to be some small jerks in the leg movement of the walk cycle, doesn’t look smooth.
Very strange weight shift in the second jump (when the hind legs jump onto the stone), I think the weight should be already more forwards in the moment when the feet are in the air, but not sure (certainly you have some reference for this jump and can take a second look where the weight is when).
The sniffing action looks alright, but walking and jumps need more work.

Yes. Of course i am using IK. Its hard to avoid slipping feets especially when you need to work with a lot of actions. Here i am using 10 actions (different action for the root bone as well) and calculate all of that in my head really hard. I think there is only one way to completely avoid problem with slipping feets - offseting root bone - here is the tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soyra9kRo6g&t=313s. I already tried that in my previous videos and it worked fine, but this is only works if you dont use follow path constrain. Though maybe i dont need follow path so in my cartoon everything will be fine i think. Anyways it will not be that much visible because it will be snow under his feets and i will use dynamic paint to make that real steps on the snow. For the jump i dont use reference by the way.

Thanks for critique, will take into account

ania,

Wow, i just checked your animations and films. Its awesome. Want to reach that same level of quality one day.