Trumpet

So, I used to play trumpet and I still do. Because of that, I tried to make it in Blender. It is still work in progress, so composition and scene overall are incomplete. Tell me what you think, don t hold it back :slight_smile:

Pretty bad render, but I thought that it looks cool.

work in progress

I follow :slight_smile:

Finally, after all this time, some progress. Started playing around with composition, lighting and adding some visual interest. Still, some modeling to do (my workflow is a mess), and it also needs some detail. Suggestions?

I feel like it needs a pinky hook, but that’s really personal preference. Also, to increase realism, what about pulling out the main slider a centimeter as if it’s in tune?

Also, maybe add a ding or two. I ain’t never seen a horn without at least a couple small dings :o

I 100% agree with you on pinky hold (personally couldn’t go without it) and pulling out the main slider (totally forgot about that one).

But, I’m sorry on the ding part. I actually don’t know what a ding is. Been playing trumpet for quite some time and English is not my first language. Hope that you or someone else makes it clear.

Sorry.

A dent. Scratch. Structural imperfection. What happens to the brass when you knock it over.

Ok, got it. Good idea, would really help with realism.

Don’t overdo it with the imperfection.
A Trumpet isn’t cheap so I think the owner would be carefull with it.
Probably more Fingerprints then scratches…
I wish you good luck with it.

Hehehehe…

Hi, I know I kinda left this project to die. But when I heard of Filmic Blender I instantly knew I have to try it on this scene. But I have a problem (not just my jumping from one thing to another ;)). When I render the thing with Filmic Blender, it looks good. But when I save it and view it with windows image viewer, it looks darker than it should. When I open that same image again in blender (as an image), it looks like it should. And when I open it in Photoshop, it also looks right.
I am pretty sure that my problem lies in color management. I could just tweak the gamma and it would look good in win. image viewer but like s***t in Blender and Photoshop. I am really confused about all this color management and I hope someone isn’t.
Screenshots:

Blender

Win image viewer

Photoshop

My color management settings.

My color managemant settings.

I know I am horrible about the updates, but here’s one, probably the last one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484365[/ATTACH]