HOW CAN I BE A PROFESSIONAL In 3D (Archviz) with blender?

This last years we seen a professional works done with blender and cycles in ArchViz … like :
Paulina Kochanowicz , Szymon Styrczula , Reinhart Julian , Julio Cezar Pires , santi nuez fernandez and others
so my question that i have many years in this domain but still now i haven’t a professional works … so what is the good way watching many tutorials or practice or what exactly for example i downloaded many tutorials from blender-community is the good way to watching all this tutorials and practice the problem is in time so what do you think 50% for tutorial and 50% for practice or what exactly

"Besides, he means professional in skill-quality not getting hired"

please share with me a good plan
(And sorry for my bad english)

You allready have a good plan :slight_smile:

First off, turn off caps lock.

I can’t beleive it, " turn of caps lock" so verry friendly forum, NOT ( with caplocks )

A good way to become a professional is to act like a professional. For instance turning Caps Lock off. That’s in a side note.
And then I’d spent some time on studying material in actual architechture and photographie in General rather than doing Blender tutorials.

If you want to do archviz for interiors u will need to build your self a solid material and object librairy in order to work efficently. unfortunately blender does not have a material and asset management tool natively implemented.

If you want to offer a more immersive experience to a client you can use an high end game engine such as unreal engine 4 and unity and import your models from blender. and offer a walk through, they even support vr.

First off, turn o-
…Damn it, Sterling beat me to it. You, I like how you think.

But other things to keep in mind is that time spent practicing does not equal skill earned. What you can learn and accomplish in a year is different than what others are able to do in a year. Some people are just naturally faster learners and able to apply concepts quickly. Don’t try too hard to compare yourself to other experts out there.

Also, don’t be so dependent on Blender tutorials. You won’t be able to learn much by copying other people’s work in a tutorial instead of experimenting by yourself. It’s not just how you model something, you need to know why. Why did that texture artist choose to color that wall the way he did? Why did that modeler create such a large hallway? What is he intending to show with that particular design?

Take a step back and plan out what you have in mind before you start. Gather reference images similar to what you plan to model. Sketch out what you think the end result should look like. Study more about the thing you plan to make and see what other artists before you have done, kinda like what square said above. Don’t just follow random tutorials and hope to get better without any idea of what you’re working on.

First of all, anybody whose first inclination is to complain about your use of capslock obviously takes the internet and posting way too seriously and is most likely NOT a professional, especially since you only capitalized the title of your post, which is proper, and the final exclamation at the end of your paragraph; anybody who actually uses, or thinks that using the capslock key is required to do this, has obviously never heard of the shift keys and is most likely NOT a professional, at anything.

Now, to answer your question… the best way to be a professional is to study your craft, the craft of 3D graphics. I’m not saying go enroll in a school and the rest of that BS. If you want to be a pro, practice your craft by DOING. Every chance you get. Focus on being a 3D artist, make it your life.

And above all, avoid those who worry about petty arguments like the state of a certain key on your keyboard.

It is realy good to see users like u. Make this forum a better place to be.

i dont see it archiv work as something special, the thing is i think you need to get connected to the right audience.
I guess its time to get some architects as friends, tell them you want to work with them, and find magazine contacts.
Create some work outside of BA, and get yourself some images on your own website where you can refer your contacts too.
A personal site looks better then some public photo hosting site, or blogger forum…
But you need to get into the scene, to become part of it, which as an outsider might not be easy.
But there must be internet forums for architects, linkedin and other sites.

so my question that i have many years in this domain but still now i haven’t a professional works

You’re not good enough or you’re not selling yourself good enough. Also feel free to put your work in finished or focused section of this forum. You have to learn to take constructive criticism!

I’m not sure I understand the meaning of the word “professional” in this context. First and foremost, professional work is something you do for a profession, i.e. you get paid to do it. That doesn’t mean “good” or “outstanding”.

From looking at your portfolio, you seem to have what it takes to get paid for your work. It’s not high-end, but it’s better than a lot of professional work I have seen. If your problem is that you’re not getting paid, you should talk to people from Algeria (and North Africa) first and foremost, see what their experience is with domestic and international business. Your nationality/residence makes a big difference in which markets you have access to.

If your problem is that your work isn’t as great as something else you’ve seen, I’m not sure what to tell you. Keep practicing, I guess? Not everybody gets to be a Da Vinci. I wouldn’t follow tutorials too much, it’s better to challenge yourself to solve problems on your own.

Lots and lots of people consider all-caps as extremely obnoxious, no matter if it’s on an internet forum or not. This forum software even has a feature to automatically disable it. You’ll immediately give a poor impression of yourself (except to people of equally low standards).

Being intentionally obnoxious is actually fine by me (I don’t have to read your stuff!), but is that what you really want, especially if you’re asking for help?

That is the thing about all capital letters. When trying to get into any business you have to act in a professional manner. It’s just a matter of self advertisment and nobody has to be a pro to point this out. We all are exposing ourselves here on the internet. At least certain aspects of our interests and opinions. Isn’t making a proper first impression a strong point to mention?

Professionalism aside, it is a matter of self-confidence and maturity to avoid capital letters, as much as it is not to react to them.

I’d agree with this in general but since it’s related to the question I wanted this to be clear. But enough oft this now.

I didn’t notice your portfolio.

First a portfolio on tumbler is not where you’re find your customers. Use a own homepage or some other respected place to show your work.

3 renders per project is not good enough. You need like 10 renders in different angles where some are close ups with depth of field. Also ditch the strange fully clothed people, one looks like a burglar and the other one looks like a psycho.

If you’re showing an apartment complex then you need families and kids. You need to show who is going to live there. Remove the BMW. Why the love of a car few can afford.

Make every project a page for it self, show that you worked hard on it and that it looks great.

Don’t show unfinished parts of the render. Everything must look finished. There must be furnitures on the other side of the window. There has to be grass and trees to the sides. Roads have to make sense.

Lightning is important. I recommend that you try HDRI as light. Don’t experiment to much.

Thanks all :slight_smile:
I read all comments word by word …
really your advises help me from many sides …
For who ask what i mean by (Professionalism) i mean a good level not paid works :slight_smile:

bigbad

I didn’t notice your portfolio.

First a portfolio on tumbler is not where you’re find your customers. Use a own homepage or some other respected place to show your work.

3 renders per project is not good enough. You need like 10 renders in different angles where some are close ups with depth of field. Also ditch the strange fully clothed people, one looks like a burglar and the other one looks like a psycho.

If you’re showing an apartment complex then you need families and kids. You need to show who is going to live there. Remove the BMW. Why the love of a car few can afford.

Make every project a page for it self, show that you worked hard on it and that it looks great.

Don’t show unfinished parts of the render. Everything must look finished. There must be furnitures on the other side of the window. There has to be grass and trees to the sides. Roads have to make sense.

Lightning is important. I recommend that you try HDRI as light. Don’t experiment to much.

i have many way to get clients i’m architect for the tumblr is to show some works only but one important point it’s when you talk about the number of renders by project
this is my problem i have more than 8 renders by project but
i don’t like it :frowning: this is what i talking about … i’m not satisfied by
my level … thanks bigbad your advise really help

*for the Capital letters it’s unintended and not my subject :no:

Some clients might find this good enough level if they can get it cheaper than by someone that is better than you.

So if a professional that is much better than you wants 5000£ for a project but the client doesn’t need the best quality then you could get 1000£ for a project.

At least on a home page you could add price to your renders and clients might think that is good price.

ok i watched your site

some comments
this gimped-in person is to small https://www.flickr.com/photos/elhillali3d/24525807123/
world light doesnt seam to match model (long url)
maybe check camera lens mm https://www.flickr.com/photos/elhillali3d/23481894473/
know when to use 200mm 70 mm 90mm and 50mm, here the building on top seams larger as camera distortion we dont see normally like that. wide eye lenses ea 11mm 17mm , think about you camera angle, a proffesional photographer has an array of lenses, and you try to simulate such a guy… (but lightning is ok here)

The movie here is i think a to fast camera job …
I think it would be better to to some views for walking height, with proper camera setup(mm) so people would see how it would look like.
Then in the end you could do some flyby but keep it an interesting flight is important then, be a bird.
It started with the car but then in that first tunnel we’re almost flying in the ceiling…
What if you had stayed inside the car, filmed it from its perspective, go outside then from walking, then do a few balcony shots and some internal shots), in the end a flyby leaving the home and maybe get some text of reseller…
make a decent script
And make sure not to move to fast and make interesting movements.

this page top is ok, but the other better take some interesting angles of photo’s its how we normally see rooms http://elhillali3d.tumblr.com/post/151393047187 makes the foto’s more interesting to look at

here notice the car wheels you often use cars, not sure about it, i think i would prefer more green and people.
if a house is a family thing show some kids, if its for young workers show them, if its a hotel show tourists, people can tell a lot.
The same for all the props (rubish) they live with :wink:
you could render those as well depending on your pc power, take some time to create a few people props.

1 Like

thanks a lot for your help guys :slight_smile:
you really help :slight_smile: