Models for a complex scene.

Hello:

In the last to weeks I started modeling some objects for a big scene. After i have discoverd polygon.com with very cool high-res seamless textures i started trying them out. The goal is to get something photo-realistic. The models are high poly and use a lot of textures, the signs where made in photoshop. I used blender for modeling, texturing and rendering, SSBump for normalmaps and photoshop for the special textures and the post-pro. Please give me some quality Feedback and what I can improve.

I love all of them but the spray cans are definitely the best! The base texture on the batteries doesn’t seem right for the object, to me it looks like concrete or marble. Great work though!

Thanks, I look for the car battery texture. It is not easy to get a realistic grungy plastic material.

Amazing work dude , Maybe just change the colour of the handle on the batteries. The lid , body , bottom and handle look as if they would be separate parts during construction so it would be unlikely to all be the same material , also I’m from England and car battery (bodies) here are actually slightly transparent and you can see the fluid in the cells slightly through the plastic. I guess that would need subsurface scattering with an internal structure to block the scattering in parts. CynCatPro on youtube does some amazing tutorials on materials. Your work is amazing though , all other models are flawless.

These look brilliant man, not much i can offer other than aesthetic opinions :slight_smile:

I think the batteries would look much better with a base color that is much darker, nearing on black. As all the ones i have seen seem to either have very dark, opaque plastic shells.

Other than that i cant give any advice, ive thought hard about it, and a couple of times i nearly added a couple more comments, but upon further inspection of the images, there is nothing more i can add.

Top notch work