3D Model Texturing/Mapping for Farming Simulator 17

Greetings Blender Community!

I am currently working on a MOD for the video game “Farming Simulator 17” by Giants Software and seeking to commission help with texturing and maps (specular, diffuse, etc…) for the model I’ve created.

The model is a Flatbed-style transport truck created primarily in Blender with some pieces done in SketchUp and imported. I’ve created different materials such as rubber, chrome, matte black and natural finish metals, colored glass, and a generic material for other items based on templates I found through the community forum links.

This is my first attempt at modeling and I have been excited to try and get my own MOD created but I have reached an impass in my abilities with the texturing and maps that need to be created. I’ve made some attempts but they are rather elementary in skill and looks and end up making the model look like it was textured by a kid with crayons than for a “game-worthy” model.

This is not a true-to-life rendering of a vehicle and does not have to be photo realistic but does need to look complete and relatively realistic and not cartoon-ish.

Basic parts:

1. Interior - It’s a work truck so the interior is very basic with a bench seat, simple dash and door panels, and other parts. There’s no intricate pieces like radio or knobs and switches and such.

2. Exterior - I’m not sure what needs to be textured and what could be left with the materials? Parts of it look great as it is using the materials I made, but they are not UV wraps or AO baked or all that. Just some mats that I adjusted color and transparency and gloss and such on.

3. The Giants game engine requires a normal, specular, and diffuse maps to be created, which I attempted in my trial and errors of UV unwrapping and baking that I still need much, much more practice and learning to do correctly.

I have the model saved in .blend and .obj with a materials (.mtl) file and the proprietary Giants Editor and .i3d export plug-in for Blender are both free from Giants Software for use, I could supply them as well so that the final product could be rendered and viewed in the Giants engine to make sure it looked as it should.

Please let me know what you would charge to work with me on this project and hopefully we will be able to get it completed :slight_smile:

Here is a link to a screen capture of the model from within Blender:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AODGOr9afo3mEz8&cid=78EB42CBCCC56CDA&id=78EB42CBCCC56CDA!9550&parId=78EB42CBCCC56CDA!9549&o=OneUp

It’s a combination of parts and pieces of several models I either own or were modeled from publicly available sources. It’s designed to resemble a late-90’s/early-2000 Chevrolet Kodiak C7500 Medium-duty Truck. The chassis frame, suspension, flatbed, and wheels are from several different medium-duty trucks from International, Mack, and Freightliner with customization’s made to incorporate the different pieces together into one custom truck.

The “Lizard” brand is an in-game brand created by Giants.

Thanks for looking!

Feel free to reply via email to [email protected] as well

-Fred

I can do that. Please take a look at my portfolio:

Great! Thank you for your reply, I have sent a response via your email!

I have made vehicles before. you can take a look at my portfolio under props.

Thank you everyone who has replied and sent me email responses, I have found a commission for the work at this time!