Thread: Custom alternate script path?

Custom alternate script path?

Is it possible to make custom alternate script path? How do I go about doing it? Needing basically what the scripts path does in blender. Needing to put some addons in custom folder and have them show up in blender ,but I want to leave blenders scripts path open.

What do you mean "show up in Blender"? You mean in the preferences file tab?
    "Yeah, well, some people meditate, some people get massages. I blend." -Will Smith in Enemy of the State
    AddOn:Store Cameras AddOn:MakeRope AddonOn:Background Image Settings to Frame

Originally Posted by cmomoney View Post
    What do you mean "show up in Blender"? You mean in the preferences file tab?
    yeah the scripts in preferences file tab. What I meant by show up in blender is if you put add on in folder other than the add on folder the add on doesn't appear in the add ons.

You can make symlinks.
    For linux and osx:
    Code:
    ln -s /path/to/custom/folder/myAddon /path/to/blender/scripts/myAddon
    For win:
    If it is a file:
    Code:
    mkLink \path\to\custom\folder\myAddon.py \path\to\blender\scripts\myAddon.py
    If it is a directory:
    Code:
    mkLink /d \path\to\custom\folder\myAddon \path\to\blender\scripts\myAddon

Hmm, I don't know about that one. I'm pretty sure Blender loads from that folder "under the hood". Only way i can think of would be to write an addon that looks for that folder and loads addons from it.
    "Yeah, well, some people meditate, some people get massages. I blend." -Will Smith in Enemy of the State
    AddOn:Store Cameras AddOn:MakeRope AddonOn:Background Image Settings to Frame