Jumping to previous line while typing.

OK, This has happened several times and not sure of the cause. While sending a PM usually with quotes. I could be typing on line 4 and the next thing you know it moves up to line 2. The only fix I found is deleting everything on line 4 and starting all over. Seems it happens when adding a space between words. Not sure if related to this https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?411421-Spaces-not-showing-up-while-typing-a-reply

I don’t know AFWS. The post you linked is an issue I’ve seen before, but your issue is something new.

What browser and operating system are you using?

Firefox with Windows 10. As far as I know I’m not hitting any key that would do it. I’m not 100% but I think this has happened on multiple computers. My other computer would be Firefox with Windows Vista.

Which text entry type are you using? Fancy? Plaintext?

Dumb ? how do I know which text I’m using? I haven’t change any text settings so I guess it’s plaintext.

Go to the General Settings in your account’s settings. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Settings and you should see three radio buttons labeled “Message Editor Interface”.

Which one is enabled?

Enhanced Interface is enabled.

Just as a test, try changing to the Standard Interface. It’s what I typically use and I never see any issues with that. Chances might be good that there’s something wonky going on on the Javascript side of things. Incidentally… are you running any Javascript-blocking extensions in your browser?

Not that I know of. I’ll switch to Standard and see what happens.

OK, I haven’t changed yet cause I was gonna see if I could find the cause. It’s happened a couple more times ,but I haven’t paid much attention to what I was doing. One thing I did notice if I start my message at the end of the last quote sign it doesn’t seem to do it. If I hit enter to start below it, that’s when it sometimes does it.