Dancing Cities

This is a music video I completed for a Korean indie electronic artist named KIRARA. I realize the video isn’t perfect and that some techniques worked better than others, but I was at least able to incorporate a lot of the ideas I wanted to see in the time that I had. Once again, my budget and time were limited, so please forgive the render noise and dupes. Otherwise, I hope some of you are able to enjoy it.

Very, very nice work. I spent the first 30 seconds trying to figure out if it was all 3D or if you’d done some compositing work before I picked up on the specific type of grain and then the crazy camera movements started. So that’s testament to your lighting and rendering capabilities.

It did drag on a little without there being any overarching storyline for me to catch on to, but I understand that’s the limitations of the music video and the job you were given to work with. Something to consider should they give you another song to work with though.

All in all, very entertaining and some clever ideas and shots thrown in there to keep it fresh.

Well done, its executed very very well ( within yourr abilities). There’s loads of nice shot work, shading- clever ideas. Well done :smiley:

Looks awesome! I love the use of detailed macro shots reflecting the buildings!

Very well done mate. I liked the crane standing on the green building jumping in sync with the bass drum.

This is really really good it almost looks like advanced Camera Composting and picture flythrough, and the only reason I say almost is because the complicated flythroughs you did

Very good. A lot of work getting that to sync. Nicely done!

Thanks for the comments. It’s interesting that some people said they thought it was compositing up until the more complex camera movements. My first video tests actually were composites and camera mapping, but those techniques didn’t allow me to have enough flexibility with camera movements and lighting, as some of you noted. You can see the initial test here and its limitations if you want:

Loved this! Great work man, awesome concept executed perfectly. The video syncs with the audio so well!
I’m guessing the client was happy with this result then? :smiley:

I really liked the ending too, where it panned out to the entire earth bouncing to the music :slight_smile: