the Old Hong Kong Public Housing

Sharing with you, happy blending! Thanks!

Attachments

maybe this should be in the finished works forum.
some questions;
cycles render?
how did you do the light rays?
where’s the cooker?
some crit:
the blur in the bottom right corner seems very heavy & distracts from the scene, given the angle of the table it near looks like motion blur.

I really like the ambience you created here, the lighting looks great.
thanks for share.

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, it’s done in cycles. The light rays is using volume scatter. I am not sure what do you about cooker, is it talking about kitchen ? If so, I can tell the kitchen is the place behind the TV, outside of the room. It is very common in this type of housing.

By the way, how could I move this post to finished works ?

Thanks

Replace lamp, in living rooms using other type

Nice choice of subject matter :slight_smile:

A few comments:

• The “red-white-blue” bag looks a bit too smooth/rigid and squarishly puffed. I’m under the impression that those things tend to be a bit more wrinkly and/or crumpled, even when they have lots of stuff squeezed in there. Maybe a little bit of extra colour variation (e.g. fading) in there would help make it more authentic?
  • The placement of the stools make them a bit hard to read - in particular, the legs of that middle one seem to get lost with the legs of the table a bit
  • Lighting wise, I really like the sun-rays/golden light vs fluro contrast. However, I feel like the corner join in the center of the screen should be a bit darker/clearer (like the one on the opposite side), as it’s kindof getting lost in the murk. Maybe if the wall with all the posters go a little more direct spec/brightness, that would sell it better? (Oh, and I get the feeling that perhaps a bit of a stronger vingetting effect - darkening the edges of the frame, esp. the upper left corner and the lower floor - would help this image pop a bit more)
  • Personally, the chromatic aberation + lens distortion is a bit too strong for my tastes