Battlefield Bromance

A good buddy of mine and myself play quite a bit of the Battlefield series of games. His wife calls it our bromance. hehe This piece is inspired by that fact, and is in the style of the Battlefield 4 cover art.

I’m sure you can tell which one is me by my avatar.

Tools used:
ZBrush - sculpting our likenesses and cloth folds
Substance Painter - textures (nearly 1gb worth!)
Blender - modeling, hair, particles, rendering, and compositing
GIMP - finishing touches
Coffee - sustenance

EDIT: here is a version sans color and DOF.

Attachments

Top quality Sir! :smiley:
Maybe, are you right side? :slight_smile:
P.s.: Adding Depth of Field and transfering your place something to abandonded building with smokea and fires would be great idea! :wink:
I recomend to admins moving to Forum gallery!

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Yes I’m the guy on the right.
The abandoned building idea is not a bad one. I did have a blurred city matte in the background just like the Battlefield 4 cover, but it just felt out of place.

I’ve rendered some alternate views. Now I’m off to go render the original work in full standard poster print resolution. My poor poor GPU.

The eyes need a point to look at. Infinity stare is not good.

The guy to the left of the picture doesn’t look right because the head doesn’t fit the body type. Also the crotch area looks way too flat on both.

Good work on the details and execution.

Thanks for the comments. :slight_smile:

You are right about the eyes. I actually placed them individually and rotated them by eye (excuse the pun). I just checked, and it looks like their point of intersection is about 3000 units out (enough to appear infinite.) I shouldn’t have been lazy and rigged them with a point of focus.
You’re also right about the crotch area appearing too flat. I suppose I should have given us both more credit in that regard! lol

As for the body type, I can assure you that is accurate. I took a lot of care to match my friend (guy on the left) to the tons of reference photos I took. It looks off for a couple of reasons, that funny enough, we were both joking about a few days ago. To put it nicely, he has a less than average sized head (read: small). Then add the bulk of the vest, and the camera angle being from the ground looking up, It appears a bit off.