Need suggestions on modeling this

I could never model something so complex, but I want to model a more simple version of this chair, but want to go for mid-poly and not low-poly. What meshes should I use? How can I create a thick cushion. I am not a blender beginner, just can’t model furniture worth a darn.

Thanks

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?277242-Blender-Baroque-(organic-modeling-and-retopology)&p=2549559&viewfull=1#post2549559

That is amazing, but it isn’t a tutorial or really doesn’t show you how to begin, it’s just the basics after completion.

You can start by creating an object that best fits the area you decide to start with.
For example, in this video, you can see Oscurart starting with a box; but a plane is also a good mesh to start with. Check the first posts from the 1D_Inc’s thread, as he gives some interesting information there also.

It’s allways good to have reference photos to work with. Blender lets you use background images in your views (N>Background Images). You can set different images for different views (front, top, right, etc; as long the projection stays orthogonal).

You can also turn on the F2 and the LoopTools Addons, as they are a great help for this job.

Then it’s just a bit of work, but since the same tools are used over and over again (F, G, R, E), the workflow becomes very instinctive.

I prefer using an empty image rather than background image because you can rotate any way and still see it.
I’ll check out the video and the Looptools add on. Thanks