Ferrari 250 Gt SWB California

Hi,

New car model…again!

Had to take break from the Lotus project and then the Mercedes project so here’s one “quick” model shaping up.
Wheels and tires are textured with quixel for quick dust effect and normal maps.
Otherwise it’s just basic shaders. Going to texture the whole car as I’ll try to make it real time model.
Tried to be clever and append the wheels and seats from my Jaguar project but those were completely different. So it took longer to modify them than model completely new ones…

Attachments

Well interior nearly made and everything uv-mapped. Ready to be textured.

Attachments

Bit more.
Maybe doing the engine too.

Attachments

Great representation of the car. Gorgeous!

[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

Thanks!

Thanks! Blender is great tool especially for modeling.

Door panels and more details on dashboard.

Attachments

Refining and a back badge.

Attachments

It looks better with each render.

Simple side view.

Attachments

That looks amazing.

Thank you!

Tried red color and Blender’s color management. Some post in Photoshop.

Attachments

Damn, this is perfect:eek:
I definitely need to learn how to UV-map to make dust and scratches and dirt and … Oh, wait, no time at all :frowning:

Thanks!
Yeah, UV-mapping is everything when you want to texture anything. And when you learn that then everything is possible! :slight_smile:

Hey

Just to post that this post is alive.Too much everything else going on.
Ferrari logo is sculpted. Have to do retopo for the logo and texturing for (almost) everything.
Woo!

Attachments

Ok. Here’s the baked model.
On left is the original sculpt (650,000 verts) and on the right the retopo (about 2000 verts).
Although the retopo have Substance’s chrome texture so is not all the same but anyway

Attachments

geat work and a pleasure to see some vintage car here :slight_smile: your UV-mapping looks also very clean, good job!

Thanks!
Vintage cars are nice to model time to time.

Here’s quick studio render:

Attachments

Different paint shader and a bit dirt maps. Also Ferrari logo on the hood.

Attachments

Textured the interior in Quixel. Still needs the gauge overlays and all, but it’s getting there!

Attachments