How to select faces, using black-and-white texture?

Working with the displace modifier, I use a black and white texture to select areas where the modifier should be applied. Is there a similar method to select faсes, using black and white texture, in order to define the materials for them after that?

I’m talking about the voxel graphic style, so using the texture as a mask for the material is not suitable - I don’t need a smooth transition between the materials, but I need to assign materials to the respective faces.

give me the blend file and ill try to assist you. its VERY hard when we dont have any idea what your scene looks like.

you will likely have to work in the node editor.

hey you mind helping me with a answare :stuck_out_tongue: so i try model these type of glasses budt i want to do so you can look through em for a game like tf2 or half life i know how to decompile and compile i just dont know how to paint the glasses like that

Attachments

Research alpha textures. Create it like any other texture and adjust the value in the alpha channel to change the opacity( How clear or opaque it is). There’s plenty of information about them out there.