Free Online Animation School

Hello Awesome Blender Community!
My name is Tovin (Tjs3) and I was recently browsing the web for animation classes, as I would like to improve my own animation skills. While I was looking, I noticed two very important things. 1) You had to be over 18 to apply, and 2) you had to have quite a lot of money to get in. Now I am/have neither of these, so I thought, “Why not make my own online school for animation?” I have coded/built quite a few websites and my HTML and CSS skills are quite good. But as I am trying to improve my own animation skills at the moment, I do not feel comfortable making lessons on a subject that I am still trying to learn.
So I am looking for volunteers who would be willing to help with this. There are only a few requirements to join. 1) You must be at least 12 years old. I am saying this because as good of intentions that I am sure you have, it is hard to have really young kids working on a project like this. 2) You must be able to provide a animation demo-reel. Even if it is only five seconds long and not made using your rig or model, if the animation is good than that cancels out any other requirements that you do not meet. And 3) you must be familiar with both Blender and the animation process. Even if you are not all that good at creating video lessons, we can work something out.
I would really like for this to be able to work, so if you feel like you can help in any way, please PM me. Thanks, and have a good day. The site is now up and running even though I am still working on it. You can find it here: https://tjsanzen.github.io/animation or here, even though it is just redirecting to the erlier. http://tjsanzen.blogspot.com

That’s an interesting concept.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that…

What I mean is that the concept of creating an online school for animation is very promising idea. However, with over 100’s upon hundreds of people posting tutorials very month, you will have to find a way to obtain content that is production made quality. In fact, you might be better off linking to the sites. A lot less leg work.

Sounds really interesting! I’m not that good in animation, but I still (as you) trying to develop my skills. May I ask you how you plan to make the tutorials?

I would love to discuss this further with you in PM!

I would highly recommend a book called The Animator’s Survival Kit by Richard Williams… it’s more aimed at cell animation, but covers general movement principles very well, plus it’s good to read something that’s not entirely 3D based.

Yeah, I just need to spend the money and buy it. (I cringe every time I buy something even as little as a pop btw)