Recieve shadow from only one specific lamp

Hello everyone,
I’m stuck at the following:

An object of volumetric material (relatively low density) shall only be affected by one specific spotlight. All the surrounding lights (sun, hemi etc.) shall have no effect on the object.
With other words: The material (volume scatter/absorption etc.) must be transparent to every light except for the spotlight.

Is there any possibility you can imagine of?..

Best reguards,
OldPowel

I was waiting for someone else more knowledgeable to speak up, but I guess it’s kind late for that…

The only idea I have is rendering two separate images then compositing them in Photoshop or something.

If there was an actual render setting for it someone should said something.

If you use Cycles every Lamp has a switch “Cast Shadows”, this affects shadows too.
Switch off when you no shadow from this Lamp.

Cheers, mib

You mention hemi, but I’ve never used Blender Internal. Unless someone else gives a proper answer, I’d just do it in composite (render the two setups separately) and adding them together. A blend file and images of what you’re trying to achieve also increases the chances of someone having a go.

You mention hemi, but I’ve never used Blender Internal. Unless someone else gives a proper answer, I’d just do it in composite (render the two setups separately) and adding them together. A blend file and images of what you’re trying to achieve also increases the chances of someone having a go.