Freeciv 3D WebGL version looking for graphics & art feedback and blender contribution

I am currently working on the Freeciv 3D WebGL version, which is a free and open source strategy game. I’m looking for feedback on the art and graphics style of the game to make it look better. I also hope that some artists who know Blender well would like to contribute towards improving the Blender 3D models for this game.

Feedback on graphics and art style:
I’m interested in feedback about how to make the game look better. What are important graphics, models or color schemes to improve to make the game look beter. What is the most ugly?

Blender models:
The source code of the game is hosted on Github. You can find the blender files here. The textures can be found here. I hope that perhaps there are some artists in this forum who are interested in improving the 3D models for this open source game. Please discuss and submit 3D models to the Github project page.

Thanks and I hope the feedback will be useful for improving the game!

Attachments

I think the smaller cities are a bit to colorful. It’s a bit irritating because it’s harder to distinguish them from the little flag icons. Especially the light green from the trees together with the light red of the houses are to distracting. Also the smaller cities need a bit more shadow.
The bigger cities look nicer, because they have different tones of blue.