Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Is this addon still in active developement? If so I would like to request a option to remove the eye icon. By now my workspace looks like this and its a really great UI addon Capture.JPG
    ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - G.Skill RGB 16GB - i7 7700K Kaby Lake, 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 Strix 8GB - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

REQUEST: Column Alignment

Would it be possible to add an option for column label alignment. The Tool Shelf has all the labels aligned to the left, which makes them very easy to read and find. However, the Properties sidebar and panels align all the labels to the center, which makes things confusing (especially with more than one column displayed).

screenshot.1.png

I want option to toggle off eye icon aswell and that text align option would be dope as well, but there haven't been any news from the developer for a good while now =/

Hello, sorry for long no reply, I was dealing with personal issues.

Eye icon hiding can be done, Ill add it in options.

Saltorio - this is exactly what I would LOVE to implement, however current blender core UI doesnt allow that. It is actually a stupid design issue, and a 'bug' that is lying for a long time in blender tracker. Not sure if it will be fixed in 2.8

regarding future compatibility questions - yes, the addon will be for 2.8 almost sure, since Blender Institute isn't planing much how the panels work now.
    I'd love to develop the addon even further, I've spent quite a lot of thinking if more consistency could be brought to blender.
    Tabs addon for 2.8 will be free, if I decide to develop a wider concept, It'll be probably much more work, so I would again ask ppl to pay me some little money, however in my current situation I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish such a big effort.

Hello, hope you will be ok soon. No rush, take your time. Glad the eye icon can be done
    ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - G.Skill RGB 16GB - i7 7700K Kaby Lake, 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 Strix 8GB - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

I really like you addon, it's allowing me to work with much ease now a days, I hope you can keep developing it, Cheers!
    Also if you make a new and more feature full addon to keep the UI clean I would be happy to pay for it.
    Last edited by Renderluz; 26-Jul-17 at 13:49.

I have been using this add-on a few days and absolutely love it. I don't ever want to go back to that unpredictable junk of sliding never fitting panels.

One issue I am having though is that I have hidden a number of panels al over the place, but now the add-on always starts in hiding mode. I have tried all kinds of combinations and saved the startup file with hiding mode off, but this doesn't help. So now my first action upon opening Blender is to turn hiding mode off. A bit sad. Still, a fantastic add-on that I would wholeheartedly recommend to every Blender user.

Originally Posted by cornell View Post
    I have been using this add-on a few days and absolutely love it. I don't ever want to go back to that unpredictable junk of sliding never fitting panels.

One issue I am having though is that I have hidden a number of panels al over the place, but now the add-on always starts in hiding mode. I have tried all kinds of combinations and saved the startup file with hiding mode off, but this doesn't help. So now my first action upon opening Blender is to turn hiding mode off. A bit sad. Still, a fantastic add-on that I would wholeheartedly recommend to every Blender user.
    Same here I hope 2.79 will give developer more freedom to fix these problems.

I use the add-on QuickPrefs, but that disappears in the N-panel if I turn Tabs: Interface on. When I turn it off, QuickPrefs returns to the N-panel.

I'm not satisfied. The addon slows the viewport and I uninstalled it

I bought it few time ago, it help me lot's of ,when i have intall many addons in blender, but it have many problems in 2.79rc .I hope this addon is still living ! Cheer!

Hi, the add-on us still alive, I fix small bugs quite often, just that there were no serious complaints,I didn't want to spam people with releases too often.

Deset, you can request money back from me if you are not satisfied, I fully understand that this can happen. I am glad most people are satisfied.

Regarding future, I am working on this roadmap:
    -try to get support for more tweakability to blender python UI for 2.8 - this has to be done in C and is about communication with blender institute.
    - get tabs working for 2.8
    -support per area tabs activation

-start a parallel blender UI project. Start all panels new from scratch with more logical organization. Kill all menus, have pies instead- but with 16 fields...

I would love to start an independent company which would fund this development and provide quality content at the same time...

Cheer ! It is a good news for me indeed ! I hope we can have a update when 2.79 is released !

Just bought and installed. Man if this all works as advertised, and it's looking good so far, this is a game changer for my Blender experience! I really wish the Blender folks could just agree finally that vertical tabs is a broken UX.

Sure I use a lot of addons, but I shouldn't have to look at this UI as my punishment:

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 2.28.18 PM.png

Not normally one to rant, but the difference is night and day, and really reminded me of what a struggle the tabs are. Thanks so much for your efforts!
    My animated music video for the Marphoi Project: King of Majesty
    Bullet-based physics marble machine animation: Sisyphus Engine No.1
    My latest showreel

After using the older github version for awhile, and really liking the experience, I too decided to support this development by buying the addon. Good job, and hope your personal issues sort themselves out.

Originally Posted by Hammers View Post
    I really wish the Blender folks could just agree finally that vertical tabs is a broken UX.
    Im one of those This guy really stands up and do justice. We shouldnt be locked to not get to customize the UI in a easy way without having to learn/do Phyton.
    Last edited by Åsmund; 18-Sep-17 at 07:07.

My Blender will crash if i enable "generate UV" when i add blender default mesh. My Blender is 2.79 !
    But blender don't have this problem if i disable this addon.
    I have lot's of addons in blender ,it is not easy to find any addon that i want in default blender.
    I hope author can check this problem .
    It will be better if we can have a update for blender 2.79, even addon don't have any news just fix bugs!
    Last edited by wuren; 18-Sep-17 at 04:49.

Just bought this add-on and it`s a definitely helpful!!! Thanks a lot.

One minor problem though - some buttons inside "Tool" panel (Under "Tool" in T-column) can`t be unpressed sometimes, looks like "stucked" buttons. When i press another button it sometimes resets other buttons to inactive state but sometimes not. This happens only in this exact place.

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 15.03.20.png

I have two addons installed that may interfere here - "Asset Management" and "Pose library tool", Blender 2.79. Hope will be fixed

Has another issue... hope it is not that hard to fix.

I have material with heavy nodes usage. Usually i edit it with material tab open (material icon inside properties panel)
    And i noticed, that after installing this addon - node editing UI starts to "lag", nodes are moving with delay, clicks are not detected, etc.
    when i working on it with object material tab is open

After several tests i found that the reason is material preview inside material tab. Usually i have it closed and it is not updated on node changes. But when Tabs addon is active material preview CAN NOT be closed No button/checkbox/etc, preview is always visible at the top of the panel. It is always visible and always update itself making node editing painfull

Can you please add here something to allow me to hide this material preview? Just as all other panels. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 13.42.16.png

Another thing to check into when you get time, I've found that in 2.79 the addon is not displaying all the tabs in the toolpanel when I first start Blender. If I uncheck then reenable your addon that seems to fix it. I also need to reselect my tabs interface preferences again.

Still a small inconvenience for a great UI improvement.
    My animated music video for the Marphoi Project: King of Majesty
    Bullet-based physics marble machine animation: Sisyphus Engine No.1
    My latest showreel

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast