Dom of the Legacy

Going to pick up this project again after all the years I’ve worked on it.

It seems like you have a good base for your character. What parts are you planning on working on? Are you planning on putting it into a scene? I didn’t know if you wanted any critiques, but if you’re going for a realistic portrait, one thing that might help to change are the eyes. They seem quite a bit too big right now. Something that helped me quite a bit when doing portraits is to look up what the average width of a person’s eyes and head are, then make the 3D models have that width in Blender. You may have to tweak things a little bit afterwards to get it looking the way you want, but I find it can provide a good starting point for getting the proportions right because you at least have two dimensions that you know are correct in relation to each other. Then you can kind of build the rest of the head around those.

One other thing is that it looks like the back of the head might be smaller than the front, when it should be the other way around. At least imho, I think you’ve done a good job on the rest of the features. They seem to be looking good so far. Just as something to look out for if you do change the eyes, you may have to bring the nose to chin area up to get it to look right since the eyes won’t be taking up as much space. Hope the rest of it goes okay. :slight_smile:

[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

Ah yes, I had not seen that before. There is an interesting mix of anime and realism. Nice job FIDreams if that was the look you were going for. It seems like it would be difficult to keep the character from feeling strange, and yet with the way it is right now, it doesn’t feel strange.

Sorry about the lateness in my response (don’t look up comments as much any more). Thanks for the pointers! Was trying to make him look more like the character I created. Looked a little too realistic at first and dumb him down a bit. Yes, he has big eyes. Wanted to give him more of an innocent feeling. Won’t go into the story (don’t want to bore anyone lol) Let’s just say for his character he needed to be that way. :slight_smile:

Not really working too much for now. My father passed away and I haven’t been in a whole lot of creating right now. Will pick it up later though.

[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

He was sick for about 6 months. Glad it was over, for his sake. Thanks for your concern. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that; I know how hard that can be. My Grandma died of bone cancer last year after battling it for 13 years. Like you said, even though you’re glad they’re not in pain any more, death is always so final, and it can be hard to say goodbye.

That’s interesting to hear about the character. I agree, those larger eyes do help him to look more innocent and kind of questioning. I hope it works out whenever you pick it up again. :slight_smile: