Install AddOn 'from file' on Mac

I’m installing the Renderman addon. I’ve done this on a PC by going via ‘install from file’, finding the zip file I’ve downloaded and double-clicking it. But on a mac double-clicking just opens the zip file so I can’t select it.

I’m sure this is an ‘out of the other side of noob’ question…but how do I install an addon using a mac?

tia
andy

im not 100% sure, im on a PC now and wont be having a mac available until monday.
come back at that time and i will give you the answer.

What i believe you have to do is find some sort of “Addon” folder for Blender, and drag the file from the zip folder, and drop it into the addon folder, then restart blender.

Installing addons on a Mac is the same as installing addons on Windows
At the bottom of the User Preferences / Addons panel press the ‘Install from File’ button
In the file browser select the zip file
Press the ‘Install from File’ button
Enable the addon

That’s what I expected, but when I select the zip file it automatically opens it to show the contents of the zip file, unlike on Windows where the zip file is selected.

Ok, I sorted it. Because the mac automatically ‘opens’ the downloaded zip file, I clicked on the folder and compressed it. That then gave me a zip file the mac was happy to treat as such.

Go figure… :slight_smile: