Keyframes no longer copy

I’ve been working on a short animation. Everything seemed to be working until frame 1536. At this point I copied the existing keyframes to frame 1591. This has worked dozens of times before. This time, something is wrong.

Bones that don’t change position between 1536 and 1591 don’t show a solid gray line. The bones (and shape keys) that do change position stay put until frame 1590, so there’s an abrupt change instead of a gradual one. When I check for the F-curve, everything shows as “no active keyframe on f-Curve”.

Any suggestions?

I’m using Blender 2.78 on Fedora 25
blend file: http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=45177

Attachments

Hi, thanks for posting a .blend file. This is always helpful, but I didn’t look at it…

Sometimes, when you have problems like this, and you’ve copied/pasted/moved keys around, it’s best to go into the f-curve editor and clean key frames. In the f-curve editor, under one of the menus, there is a clean key frames utility. It basically removes double key frames, like remove double vertices does when modelling.

If this doesn’t help, I’ll look at the file…

Randy

I have had this happen when the display buffer overloads. What I have done is go to first frame in your case 1536, copy all to buffer (control C), delete keyframes, paste right back with control V. Then it will reset it. Normally have copied something past the frame, gone back copied again and the pointer just didn’t reset. Those damn little gremlins. Sometimes it takes two or three tries, but eventually it will clear out the buffer for you.

This works, however… It looks like I need to go into every attribute of every bone to clean the frames. The good news is that it looks like I only have to do it once to clean up everything to the end of the sequence.

Yeah! It worked!

Many, many thanks!