motion blur

https://cloud.blender.org/blog/cycles-turbocharged-how-we-made-rendering-10x-faster

I was reading about motion blur at above article link, and i wondered.
I wondered wouldnt it be faster if motion blur is a compositor thing based upon previous and past frame(s) difrences
Thus a more advanced vector motion blur ? (with some knowhow of pixel movement).

i might be wrong but i think then stills could be rendered and a morph like 2d image processing could blend the blur effect
without depending on some complex calculation for a still image. As essentially the previous or future frame contains info of whats behind the moving object and thus basedupon that a blur factor with background could be determined.

Just curious, i might be wrong but i wondered this

What you are describing is called RealSmart Motion Blur. It uses optical flow over the corse of many frames and uses this to produce the smart vector pass that it then uses to blur your scene.

Nevermind… (Note: Don’t post answers when tired…)

its not vector blur, vector blur (currently is more alike linear camera movement) it doesnt know the grass stands still and the football moves while a player falls. Seams that realsmart motion blur is about the same thing.

And i think it could offload cycles work load, and thus render faster.