Tomato Jones II has been released on Steam!

Hey guys,
Finally “Tomato Jones 2” has been released on Steam! Cheers :slight_smile:

And here is the new teaser:

That’s one of the things I worry about. Like my game won’t work with every hardware/software combination people are likely to throw at it.
What am I supposed to do about that? Building a game on a game engine means you get to take the blame for all its deficiencies. :frowning:
Anyway, nice work on the game. Is there a British police officer’s hat in the hat shop?

Yes, compatibility is a huge problem. You may have a good game, but if players are unable to play it, they will post thumbs down comments and your game will sink slowly but steadily down. This is maybe the most important thing the game devs should think about, when making a game, it is not even the game it self, but if it will run on most players PCs.

Anyway, nice work on the game. Is there a British police officer’s hat in the hat shop?

Actually yes! I’ve made several hats(about 10) and there is a British police officer’s hat among them :slight_smile:

Looks cool!

It looks like you shortened loading times between deaths too (it looks almost instant). I remember a lot of comments complaining about that haha

Yes, it is actually instant, thanks to 2.78 . It seems restart game actuator in 2.78 actually does not reload the .blend just restart it, not sure but it is great! In 2.49b restart game actuator took a lot more time.

Nice haidme glad to see you working on the second Tomato Jones. You are an inspiration to all that want to create finished sellible games with blender. Krum was big inspiration for a lot of people seriously using BGE…

compatibility is main worry of my team at the moment aswell. seems one of the largest hurdles in the way of true success with BGE, more so then it’s so called other limitations ;).

I also use Blender 2.78a for my game. It is good. Several bugs from gamepad support were fixed since previous version. Environment lighting has been added.

This has bomber man flair to it cant wait to see it in gameplay:)

Hello,
I was playing with parallax mapping and I’ve decided to test how it will look in TJ II, this is comparison of the two versions:

What do you think…should I upgrade the visuals of TJ II with the parallax feature?(it’s blurred, click to enlarge)

I started to work on the first level of TJ2 with completely new world visuals:

The lighting with parallax is much better. Gives the real cavern feeling.

I like the new world visuals. :slight_smile:

I vote for parallax.

Ok parallax then…its a bit tricky to do the textures properly, but I’ll try. It could really upgrade the visuals of the game.

Wow! Awesome progress. I enjoyed the Parallax Mapping,this makes the visual more attractive. And the new world environment was incredible! Great job! You need to make a kind of course of game development, to teach us your knowledge. Because you make a lot of amazing features on Krum, BuildMoreCubes and Tomato Jones… and the best: All of them available on Steam!!! :o

Hey guys,
This is what I’ve for the first level of TJ II.
Sorry for the background music, I forgot to stop it.

I like the graphics! The last one looked a lot like Krum with a tomato :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking good! The music sounds funny in combination with the gameplay :slight_smile:

The last one looked a lot like Krum with a tomato

:smiley: yes, indeed. Actually, I’m using some assets from Krum in the game, like the mushrooms, stones and interface.

Thanks guys! I’m adding water to the game. This means new water of puzzles.

I added water as default environment for this world(forest levels)