My First Interior

I tried to keep it very basic and simple, since this is my first interior.
I was mainly concerned about modeling the couch, because I’m not very good at modeling. But I do think I was successful in giving the couch a fake-leather look, just like I wanted.

Hope to someday upload better and in a higher quality projects.

try to work with proportions…couch and lamps looks too big…or room is very small :smiley:

Thanks for your input. I might just raise the ceiling so the room won’t look as small.

The dimensions of everyday objects can be Goggled. Furniture, etc. I usually start by scaling the ceiling height in the N - Panel. Then measure a few large objects using the Ruler in the T - Panel. A little trial and adjustments involved there but it seems to work for me. Then you can simply eyeball the smaller objects once that is done. Room is looking very inviting. Nice.

Maybe you can buy furniture and lighting like this!
Anyway the compostion and lighting are good :yes:

Thanks for your comment.
I usually try to use an armature as a tool for “measuring” objects. But somewhere along the way, things get messed up hehe.
Maybe I’ll give the ruller a chance. Never used it before.

You mean buy pre-made models? The thing is I prefer modeling things from scratch, at least for now, because I really need the practice.

1 Like

No I meant your model “may well” represent furniture that exists in the real world!

And like you I want lots more practice and so create all my own models and textures from scratch… it is the only way to control the beast that is Blender!

Hi, if your model is going to be real life dimension, proportions are very important. If it’s stylized then it’s alright.
I would place a dummy human model in the scene for comparison when creating the furniture.
Also, you can change measuring units to meters and then key in the x meters in the dimensions under the N panel.

Ahhh haha! Yeah… , blender is a witch with a B :slight_smile:

Yes, I try doing that every time, and still things literally get blown out of proportion… :slight_smile: Oh well…
I’m sure that in time, with some learning and persistence, I’ll get the hang of it and will be able to produce a good looking interior.

Good spirit! Looking forward to seeing your next scene. :slight_smile:

emmm. I think the coach modeling is good, but why there are four lamps there, looks a little weird…:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there, foxrender.
I was sure this thread will be collecting dust and be buried in the archive FOREVER hahaha but here you are, commenting on it.
So yeah, looks weird. But I am not going to try and fix any issues. This was a tryout, and I’ve already deleted it from my hard drive :slight_smile:
I am working on a new project now- an exterior scene.

Thank you for taking the time and giving your critique!