Bathroom Scene

Hey guys, just a little bathroom scene i was working on, i’m pretty happy with the models i have in the scene but i feel like my lighting is holding me back from photorealism. I’m currently using environment lighting (barely) a sun lamp and a smaller lamp in the scene, with a little AO. Do you guys have any tips regarding Ambient Occlusion or lighting for me that i could improve the scene or any other tips regarding the scene in general? Any feedback is useful, thanks .

I’d just try using one simlpe sky hdr without a prominent sun and then adding a sun where ever you want… Be sure to add a window, or at least anything the mirror can reflect :wink:

Dont you find you have to put the strength of the hdr up really really high to get it to really light up the room well tho?

Definitely add something for the mirror to reflect! The shadows are also a bit too sharp, I would increase the size of your lamps.

The towels all appear to be duplicates, try generating different patterns on the poles.

Yes, you really should crank it up a lot for interior scenes.

You should really check out Blender Gurus new video on YouTube, I’ve been doing interior scenes and he shows how to use something called filmic blender which REALLY improved my lighting a lot.