Disgaea's Laharl (in the process of rigging)

Hey! So, this is one of my first projects I’ve been doing with Blender. It’s a character from a game series I’m a fan of. I’m (hopefully) almost finished with rigging, I’ve been following Darrin Lile’s tutorials on YouTube for instructions, although there are just a few issues I need to get out of the way (which would probably be over with quicker if I had help) before I start animating, like getting the feet to do what they’re supposed to do, replacing bones with custom shapes, etc. I might also need to adjust the pants so it doesn’t go jagged when I bend the leg. The hair could also use some tweaking.

Note: I did not make this completely from scratch. I used parts of other models I downloaded to make it (Specifically, Ryuto’s hair in Mugen Souls and the character body in Mugen Souls Z. Models found on this site: http://desupri.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-5.html)

Credit goes to Compile Heart for those models, and Nippon Ichi for the character.

Sounds cool. I don’t really see that much animesque WIPs around here. I’m interested in seeing how this thread will turn out.

There are a couple edits you could make to improve it a little. Torso to length ratio is off, legs should be longer while the torso should be shorter. Also, the shape of the torso needs to be adjusted. His sides of his torso are way too smooth and he doesn’t have any ribs. The muscle lines you drew on him should be bolder and more visible as I can barely see them. The cape looks good, but if you plan to rig it, it would be better to model it completely flat and pose it with your rig into however you want afterwards.

Keep on working on it. Looks neat so far.