Evilos - Sketchbook

Started this sketchbook to get kind of an artwork diary and to improve myself over time. So any criticism is absolutely welcome :wink:

The first try to make a completed scene in blender.

Result of my first robot model. Used the design of the robot from another image.

Modelled from a concept art some time ago. Just reworked and baked the normals. No clue what final design to give him.
Starting with rigging and animations to implement in a horror scenario :slight_smile:

Attachments

(In reply to the top image)

Is the rock to the left of the big crystal supposed to look like a skull at first glance? I definitely can see an eye and maybe a forehead, cheek and mouth. But maybe it’s just me :eek:

On a more critical note, great job achieving that glossy, smooth, cloudy look on the crystals!

But I’m not sure that the crystals are mixing well with the rest of the cave. The top half is illuminated almost entirely in red light and the bottom is illuminated almost entirely by the blue light. Maybe spread some more red light?

Also, what about a clever scale reference somewhere? Because one of the first things I notice is that I’m having a very difficult time determining whether it is a tiny crystal I could hold in my hand or if it is a gigantic one inside of a massive cavern.

This is really cool. It reminds me of the 2D animation of the Deathly Hallows storybook in Harry Potter 7 :slight_smile:

“No clue what final design to give him.”

Start by trying to understand what type of environment such a strange creature might live in. Try to come up with a natural, creepy explanation for his ridiculously long fingers and arms. Giraffes eat trees, spiders live in webs, and this guy…

Hey,

no it´s not a skull :smiley: I planned to populate the Cave with little Lizards, who have glowing crystals for Eyes. It was my first try to sculpt and retopologogize a creature. Heres a picture of it:[ATTACH=CONFIG]469908[/ATTACH].
Just stopped rigging this little guy, cause that was too hard for me at the time. But now you mentioning it, i feel like reworking this scene a “little” bit :smiley:

Yeah, i don´t know how i got the crystal texture working :smiley: just tweaking and trying in blender internal :smiley: I will definitely try this again in Cycles :wink:

You got a good point with the lighting! It really looks a bit odd. The red light is coming from the mushrooms at the caves walls, but it´s really splitting the picture in half, like you said. The top red and the bottom blue… man i never realized how that looks :smiley: definitely try to setup a better lighting environment in the rework :wink:

Oh, i never thought about that, you´re right. Hmm, just thinking about a good scale reference that naturally fits in there :confused:… Maybe a treasure chest?

Yeah, a bit of concept is already in my mind. I planned to let it occur in a creepy maze or a abandoned ruin. And it´s lurking in the shadows, so you may only see his fingers grabbing the edge of the corner before you. The size is about 3m, and the camera will look a bit up to it, so the feel of intimidation is stronger :slight_smile:

Worked on a new concept for a creature. Had this giant rock throwing Turtle in mind. Just the raw sculpt for now :smiley:

Posted this also in WIP. I got the idea, while drawing just out of my mind. Kind of electric circuit theme with a heart as main energy source. Title just reminds me: Everything works better - with a bit of love :smiley:

Reworked the Scene a bit :slight_smile:
The crystals are not yet really satisfying, though…

Now it looks like a fish and a frog put together.

Yeah, a bit like a tadpole, but i just copied from a reference image, so it´s alright :smiley:

Just started working more on my sculpting skills :slight_smile: Trying to get a good shape of a nose, and played with the design :slight_smile:

Also tried my first steps onto sculpted eyes (there´s much space for improvement :smiley: )

Kind of frustrated. I just didn´t get the second shape right. There is clearly a lack in anatomical knowledge…

Just a Test Scene for my (now rigged) creature.

Rather interesting looking creature, looks like a hybird of SCP-096 and the Alien.

Worked a bit on my Rockturtle, i think the blocky feeling of the surface is quite right. Guess the smaller detail will be with multires sculpting or rather texturing, cause my laptop can´t handle that much detail through vertices :smiley:

Also i worked a bit with human hybrid forms. The whole human body is still hard for me, but i think hybrids are a good way to concentrate and improve on one “Human part” per sculpt :wink:
I don´t like how the Legs turned out, tried on the first leg a bit “spikyness”, but it doesn´t feel right :confused:

@BluDragoon: You saw SCP-096 and survived? :eek: