Bgmc 23 | nuke

So a little late start, but i was brainstorming the whole first day. I started Tuesday morning. I decided id enter when i got the scene assets made. still need my characters, but i dont plan on using to much AI in the game. Hopefully today after i get off work i can put more time in.

NUKE takes place in a Detroit alley. Your goal is to peddle as much NUKE as possible. You are part of a organized crime syndicate and are trying to find out who is supplying a your competitors with this new version of NUKE. A anonymous tip of an organization called “Blue-K” has a big deal happening tonight that could put your organization out of business. You and Another grunt slip in cover and try to get inside this crew to stop the deal, steal the drugs, take money, and kill everyone involved. Be careful as Detroit PD, and OCC (OMNI CONSUMER CORP) will stop at nothing to put this drug and anyone who uses it away for good.

this is the look i’m going for. dark and dirty.

Sounds awesome like a GTA game!
Good luck :smiley:

This game will have a “M” rating. audio samples are pretty out there. so keep that in mind. i will have a disclaimer. That is if i can pull this off. like i said i still need characters. and anims. so wish me luck.

Cool! Robocop for the win! :slight_smile:

oh ok… Nuke like robocop haha, but you play the drug dealers haha… hey for a lil pun why don’t you add a poster some were in the game of robocop saying something like “I’m going to arrest you” or “dead or alive, your coming with me!”

anyways, great level textures very detail nice job. :evilgrin:

Also on a serious note when i was looking around i saw that the actor the guy that invented robocop in the movie, he passed away just days ago. Kinda sad. His name was Miguel Ferrer.

Here is a look at the character and overall look. I decided to go 3rd person. Still have quit a bit to get the feel i want. wish me luck guys. lol

It looks good, but the main character seems quite a bit brighter than the surrounding environment. Is that just the lighting in the screenshots or something else?

there is an element in the game where if u leave the alley u get busted by the cops.
its a spot light i was playing with. not final.

getting so close. i ran into problems today with normals for some reason. had to do some little hacks to get it back in order. Still need so much. only a few hours left. i may get stuck with just cutting some stuff out. I hope not though.

one more fixed still messing with the lighting.

Well I was unable to finish on time. I however will still release the files i got. I opt to turn mine in tommorrow. 10pts off. But just so everyone can see it anyway. here is what i could put together. I had a simple idea on how to get the game play. I still need to optimize it with a area loader or level of detail script.

there is no point just running around but u can see the idea. u were supposed to get the people thier nuke. I will still finish it. If not tomorrow soon.

if anyone would like to help let me know.

As for the contest , fuck it. If i have something good tomorrow i’ll submit it. if not oh well next time. I’ll keep my standards low next time. lol

sounds and anims are missing from rar. sorry guys. the 2 bums in the scene had a little more, and the cops had cool sounds. it was meant that u couldnt leave the alley or u would get busted. i have some random sound bites. that say things from robocop.

Sad sad sad. :frowning:

Also i’m holding back on the whole story of what i wanted, it was supposed to be a supersize. I’m keeping it secret till its out. srry. it will be worth it.

personal note. I’m amazed i did this in 5 days.

THIS IS NOT MY FINAL SUBMISSION. I wont submit crap. it needs to be done for my seal fo approval. lol if not tomorrow then forget it.

This is what BGMC is about :smiley:

Looking forward to the final submission :slight_smile:

Please submit your game no matter if it gets your seal of approval. It will be a great way to receive some feedback, even though it might not be really playable yet. Don’t tell people what it was supposed to be, and they won’t feel it’s missing. If you can get some gameplay other than walking done before submitting that’s great, but if not submit it anyway :). And next time try to go even more minimalist. 3rd person games take the most amount of time to make, and i think your game idea would have worked from 1st person perspective. This way you don’t need a character and especially no animations for it (huge timesaver)

I can tell u didnt play it by u saying that. lol. Go look at it. the download link is up in the comments above.

DOWNLOAD

Hi, I’ll give it a try as soon as I get some free time. Looking forward to seeing it. :slight_smile:

Hi, maybe I’ve got the wrong version of blender, but when I opened it I couldn’t move around.
I love the art assets, everything looks great. It must have taken a long time to make it all.

The enemies textures weren’t packed or linked correctly so they were all pink.