Plan and develop a Blender add-on to model real estates (interior only)

We’re considering using Blender to create models and renderings of apartments, based on 2D floor plans. The process should be as fast and simple as possible, as it will be used for a large number of models. For that, we’re thinking about changing the Blender UI to make the task of drawing a model based on a 2D floor plan very easy. We need help from a blender expert to 1) research existing solutions, 2) plan the UI, and 3) implement the add-on. We don’t have specifications yet, so part of the task will be to interactively discuss the options we have first. We think the whole job might take 1-3 months. You should be available at least 20 hours/week for the development part. Please send a private message if you’re interested.

This might be of interest to you:
Archimesh
This was an add-on and is now in the official release, just activate it under User Preferences–>Add-ons–> Add Mesh:Archimesh

I am an experienced software engineer/architect, and may be interested in working with you on this, but it will be an involved process including reigning in requirements. I have been working with blender as a hobby for several years now and would welcome the chance to use it in my career. I have a resume and references available on request. Are you expecting this to be a 100% remote position?

Please private message me if you are interested in discussing this.

Thanks,

-Loren

I have several years of experience as a 3D Artist, using Blender. I don’t know anything about building addons, however I think that the addon you seek, already exists to a large extent. Archimesh. If you’re interested in hiring someone to model the interiors for you, and furnish them, light them, texture them, and render them, then please consider me… You can view my portfolio here. Otherwise, I don’t believe I can helpful, as, like I stated earlier, I have no experience in building addons…

Hello,ItsTopiFromFinlandBadKeyBoardLOL/ifyouneedworkASblenderWorK/iMightHaveInteressingJobOfferFOrYOU/contactME:[email protected]