Game of Thrones Swords Project

Hello everyone. I am a big fan of “Game of Thrones”, so I have proposed to model a collection with the most important swords of the saga. I will try to make models loyal to books more than the series, which will also give me a little more artistic creativity.

Last Update:

Looks good so far.

Do you prefer modeling these with sub-d’s or without? I ask because sometimes sub-d’s frustrate me when modeling swords. Here is my attempts:

Thanks Safetyman. For now I have worked with sub-div’s, but I have noticed that maybe it is a good idea to stop doing that. I guess I’ll try it with the next one.

I have already started working on textured:

Adding more details:

I have already advanced a bit more, and I feel that there is little work left. But still the textures do not convince me. I’m working with PBR workflow, and I’m using diffusion, metalness, roughness, and normal maps. Any advice?

Try this: https://github.com/meta-androcto/materials_library

There are tons of pre-made materials there, including metals, so you should be able to find something that works for you.

Already finished with this model. I did not get the texture I would have wanted, but it is better to continue with the next one and go trying to improve on that.

Here the final model:

Thank you very much Safetyman, probably that will be very useful for the next model.

I started a new sword. This time is “Longclaw”, the sword of Jon Snow:

Winter is coming! great work so far! :smiley:

Thanks peter18.

Here some more progress, and basic texture tests:

I used this model to practice my sculpture skills. This is the first time I do, so far I had focused on just modeling. Here is the result:

Improving the textures:

It’s almost finished. I just need to finish polishing some textures.

It is finished. This time I tried to create an interesting scene to accompany the model. I took the oportunity to practice a little lighting and post-processing, aspects in which I have not worked too much until now.

Here is the original rendering (500 samples):

Here after playing a bit with the compositor:

And then some final touches in Photoshop: