BGMC|23 - The Long Way Home (coming to steam in 2020) - HELP NEEDED

I just barely made it! But the important thing is, I did! Feels great to have this game finished! I think I just finished minutes before the deadline…
The game should be running smooth, but I couldn´t test it on low end pcs, so let me know if you need a low graphics version.

DISCLAIMER: some parts of the game are about waiting, so make sure you bring some patience and you will be able to enjoy the game a lot more.

Here´s the file:
Blendfile (using UPBGE 0.1.2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDt8v1U-NO0SVd4NEdIU0dVMTQ/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-aH2xlqhcNRIMalUyyMrMIA
UPBGE v0.1.2b: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByDt8v1U-NO0elZYbnRpU3RTck0
Standalone (windows 64bit - exe only): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDt8v1U-NO0RFVoNUxXSkhjbWc/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-GYSWAt6pR0Va4IotU5dfqQ

SCREENS

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SPOIL THE STORY FOR OTHERS IN THE COMMENTS, send me a private message of your interpretation of the story instead.

Hope you enjoy. I would love to hear your interpretations of the story, but to avoid spoilers, please send them as a private message to me. Sadly blenderartists has no spoiler warning feature like other forums. Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE!

Guys, we need your help.

Yesterday we launched the first teaser for our Game “The Long Way Home”

And now it’s time to spread the word. Since we are a very small team, getting your help

New blenderartists post (let’s get this featured :D)

3 Likes

Low poly is my favorite style.

2 Likes

Super proud of you for managing to get it out on time. Will check it out when I have time!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I would really love to get some playtesting of this game, especially on some low end systems. The game heavily relies on delays which I think are framerate dependent, so even 1 frame less than those sweet 60fps could break the game. If delays are actually framerate dependent, this might not be the best technique to use for timing things. If you know another way, please let me know :smiley:

1 Like

Fantastic use of music and camera work! Really cool :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! So i assume the game works fine for you?

I got a perfect frame rate on my shitty laptop.

i havent upbge so i tried the exe file but i got this:

Oh yeah, the .exe only works on windows 64bit. I’ve included UPBGE as a download as well though, so you can download that, unzip it, and then open the .blend-file in UPBGE

Visually it looks stunning!
I can’t wait to play this one.

It is just beatiful) The atmosphere reminded me Firewatch. If my game was so good(

Wow this looks awesome. Its very Catchy Nice job on your textures it really looks impressive.

I just barely made it! But the important thing is, I did! Feels great to have this game finished! I think I just finished minutes before the deadline…
The game should be running smooth, but I couldn´t test it on low end pcs, so let me know if you need a low graphics version.

Awesome game bro nice work !!!

Fred/K.S

I think the graphics style and the story were a bit of a mismatch, when you see the old man you want to know his emotions, but his face is just a cube. I guess then you could have your own interpretation, or try to decide how you might feel, but I’m not sure it felt a good fit to me.

Graphically and sound wise the game is amazing! The way it’s put together is also very smooth. I got a good frame rate all the way through. I was left wondering what some of the items might do, but only the pictures seemed to have any effect, I couldn’t “use” any of the items.

Over all I really liked it, but the style felt like it would have fit another story better… That’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I actually just had an idea to fix the exact issue to address. I’m hoping to release a version of this game to the overall public (meaning outside the blender community) in a month. I’ll need a lot of feedback to make it as great as possible.

I really wanted to see this one but it never played it looked white in texture mode, and blue in solid. i could hear a train. tried it in the player , in normal player and upengine.

I got a perfect frame rate on my shitty laptop.

I was surprised too.

Beautiful color scheme and very well set up scene. I love how you set up the trees I’m definitely going to use this method (3D in the front with 2D behind) in a project

The game was very good, nice light set up,amazing music i love the zoom in function.
No collision with trees but okay :slight_smile: the only thing from my perspective that i missed is the walking sound.
Wonderful job for the limited time of 7 day’s.

Hey, just a little update, to anyone who hasn´t played the game yet, there´s a neat Gamejolt page now.

Guys, we need your help.

Yesterday we launched the first teaser for our Game “The Long Way Home”

And now it’s time to spread the word. Since we are a very small team, getting your help would be massive!

New blenderartists post (let’s get this featured :D)

2 Likes