VFX in Blender

Hi,
I’m not a beginner but so far I’ve only worked with the video editor in a simple way, and I intend to increase my experience in the whole tool using more resources and see how far my i5 can process the images in a viable way :evilgrin:.

I would like to get some help from anyone here about to make a way to to some effects in some videos I have from my daughter riding skate, patins, bicycle, and so on.
The idea is to put like a trail of fire and marked as burned with she passing over. And that effect could be put in any other video with the tracks mapped.
Any hint, tutorial, add-ons, out-of-the-box components, etc, Any help will be of great value.
Regards

Welcome to the forum, blendervolver!

You say you are not a beginner, but are asking very general questions. What you are trying to do can be done in many different ways, some complex and some simple. My guess is that you plan to track the camera in the MCE, generate 3D fire effects in the viewport/node editor, animate it, and composite it all together in the VSE. Below is a tutorial for the two major steps, but be aware that each is about an hour long.

Tracking
Fire

This is pretty advanced stuff, so don’t expect it to be easy.

From a compositing standpoint, you might be better off doing that part in Natron. It’s a bit more robust and easier to use than Blender’s compositor. If you’re set on using Blender, might want to check out the extras on “Tears of Steel”, plenty of info about Blender’s compositor.

Many thanks by the hint of Natron, I will see some tutorials for fun and compare it with the Blender.
When I said that was not a beginner, well, I am not a beginner in handle the VSE part of Blender, but in all anothers worlds of blender I am, :(, totally noob.
I did a test compositing video and objects in blender, but it seemed very ugly in a final result. The feeling to adjust light and the layers opacity is not really easy…

Many thanks for responses, I hope before my daughter’s birthday (2 months ahead) to have some material did by me with Blender (a video to show during the party… with many transitions, photos with parallax effect, many vfx, grease pencil, etc).
I was searching for some video that has the effect (one of those…) that I am trying to rendering to show for you guys to give me some more guesses, but I did not find any…
Cheers!