BGMC 23 | Toy Story

Made in blender 2.78
Toy Story is a platform 2D game, to discover the story behind it keep in mind that you have to notice the change and the aspect of each scene.
The blend file with all the images,sound,etc is 47.3
The original game was 3 times bigger than this, so it has a lot of cuts to keep the weight low but the original game without is almost 200 mb
I will left both files here:
Blend File

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz3cDb5JesWfSGE2eXc5YmVKYWM

And the executable(doesn’t need blender):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3cDb5JesWfWFNRdWhReGRIZ1U/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you find any bugs or problems

Pictures:

Update:
Blend File:
-Shading fixed
-physics problem fixed
-Skip Intro button added

update to executable file (150.5 mb)
no cuts to reduce the file size

Executable:
-Bird Colision fixed
-Transparent Material fixed
-Skip Intro button added

-Level selector
-“easier” first level
-Windows added
-Some fixed shadows

I couldn’t get past the very beginning, and then I jumped off the other side and fell through the floor. I will try it again, but I wish there was a way to skip the intro/restart. I will try it again soon, I am just going to go try some other ones first.

Thanks for your comment, I fixed a couple of problems and i have added a button to skip the intro. If there is anything else that i can improve in this game please let me know

Hi, I tried the game, but found it very difficult.
When making a game for a competition you might want to ease the player in to it by slowly increasing the difficulty after they’ve had a chance to get used to it. The first bit of the game is like a bullet hell…

Anyway, I really love the graphical style. It looks great. It would be nice to see the player have some animation, rather than just float along, but it was quite a short competition so we don’t get to add everything we want. The skip intro button was a great idea, a few games in this competition had very long intros and not being able to skip them can be tiresome enough that it might put an impatient person off from trying the game a second time :).

The character is adorable, I also couldn’t get past the beginning level/stage though. I agree you should add a few easy levels to ease people into the controls.